Philip Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Rivers

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
all in favor of Rivers as the next Starting QB say I.

rookie=backup duties
Unless we are stuck with Jay then we should fire everyone who is in the organization that wears a suit every day.

Rivers is way better then Jay and we win with him

rivers may be more talented but he hasnt played in the nfl, it's faster, it's rougher, the defensive schemes are tougher and he doesnt know the dolphins system, he should not start for a team trying to get to the super bowl next season...maybe if we were rebuilding, bring him on half way through season

Rivers is a great passer and add some WRs to help him, we would win the super bowl

Originally posted by nick19991
Rivers is way better then Jay and we win with him

And you base this on how much NFL experience Rivers have, how many games has he won in the NFL? Right now, Rivers is not better than Jay. Give him some time to develope in the NFL, then we're talk.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
no, we can't win a super bowl next year with rivers

So other than Brunell, who could we win a super bowl with?? We also need to look long term.

I AM FOR RIVERS?!!

I'm all for Rivers sitting on the bench one year before becoming starter in '05.

Of all the rookie QB prospects that are attainable for us, Rivers has enough playing time in college to make an easier transition to the NFl. I want Rivers also.

i dont think we go to the superbowl next year anyway bcause of all of the work wehave to do on the O anyway, so i say draft rivers and make him a starter. no way to learn without experience

Originally posted by nick19991
Rivers is a great passer and add some WRs to help him, we would win the super bowl

next year?
if you think that's true you are crazy, out of all the great rookie qbs not one has even won a super bowl in their first season, youre crazy to think rivers is that special. In my ideal world i'd love to believe that, (draft rivers, win 3 straight super bowls) but i just can't, totally unrealistic.

as for who we could win a super bowl with if not brunell.. i cant think of anyone that would come cheaper than brunell with less risk than brunell.
sure volek, bulger, and others MAY be available, but brunell i believe is the best option
and i wouldnt be terribly distraught if we gave up a 3rd for him and then talked to him about our QB situation of the future and see if we could get him to budge and agree to us trading for henson

see my "doing some research" thread for more

Rookie QBs don't do well in their first season. I think Dan Marino was the only rookie QB to ever really do anything as a rookie. If we draft a QB in the first round, they will be a backup this year and start in 2005.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Rookie QBs don't do well in their first season. I think Dan Marino was the only rookie QB to ever really do anything as a rookie. If we draft a QB in the first round, they will be a backup this year and start in 2005.

I think Drew Bledsoe and Peyton Manning did fairly well as rookies.....but they didn't really blossom until their second years, when both got their teams into the play-offs. I can't think of anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom