Philip Rivers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Rivers

How close has Jay Fiedler gotten ANY team to the super bowl? He's in his 30's folks. Plenty of chances, lots of time, never impressed people enough to even get on a roster for a long time and then did alright as a backup.

BTW you know whats funny. People talk about how like, Manning and other QBs don't show up in the playoffs (or at least they said that before this season), but we don't even get to ask that question about Fiedler because we haven't been to the playoffs in 2 years now. But I'll tell you this, whenever we've played a playoff game with Fiedler at the helm, he has done more to lose the game than to win it.

Our ONE playoff win in these four years? Fiedler tosses a bunch of interceptions in the first half causes us to play down by like 17 points. Only reason we won is because at halftime Wannstedt took the ball OUT of Fiedler's hands, and Lamar Smith was able to turn in a Herculean performance while the D had to play lights out and even then it took a Vanderjagt missed chipshot in overtime.

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
How many rookie QB's have won the SB.....?

Nuff said.

We already talked about that. Not everybody has the mentality that we "HAVE TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR OR JESUS WILL COME BACK AND THE WORLD WILL END"

Originally posted by ckparrothead
How close has Jay Fiedler gotten ANY team to the super bowl? He's in his 30's folks. Plenty of chances, lots of time, never impressed people enough to even get on a roster for a long time and then did alright as a backup.

BTW you know whats funny. People talk about how like, Manning and other QBs don't show up in the playoffs (or at least they said that before this season), but we don't even get to ask that question about Fiedler because we haven't been to the playoffs in 2 years now. But I'll tell you this, whenever we've played a playoff game with Fiedler at the helm, he has done more to lose the game than to win it.

Our ONE playoff win in these four years? Fiedler tosses a bunch of interceptions in the first half causes us to play down by like 17 points. Only reason we won is because at halftime Wannstedt took the ball OUT of Fiedler's hands, and Lamar Smith was able to turn in a Herculean performance while the D had to play lights out and even then it took a Vanderjagt missed chipshot in overtime.

Jay is a much better QB than he was 3 years ago.He never really have much talent to work especially at OL and WR position.Is like Mad dog put it:

Give him a oline and a WR who can compliment Chambers and watch Jay succeed.

I'll Parcells opinion over anyone any day.If Bill Parcells got Ray Lucas to go 6-2 and he thinks Jay is a very good QB then I'll go with Parcells football knowledge over anyone in this Forum including my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm pointin too is you know how we have trouble winning games down the stretch? Well Jay is usually a big part of us sucking when we suck in December. How do we even know he can win the big games? We don't even get to ponder that anymore because we haven't been in the playoffs for 2 years. But I'll tell ya this. 2002 against Minnesota and New England, those were big games. Even if you exclude the Minnesota game as a trap game not a big game, our season finale against the Pats was a BIG GAME and we had the ability there to assure ourselves a playoff spot AND the division title. Nope. No dice.

In playoff games and big season games, Jay Fiedler's probably about 1-6 with 2 TDs and 15,000 interceptions.

Maybe Jay can be a good QB. Who knows... all I know is for 4 years he's been starter, 4 years we've went backwards. I can't tell if it's Jay, Wannstedt, or if the whole team is just overrated. That's why I said in my earlier post that we just need a signifigant change all around.

You know what I say thats BS, our OL this year wasn't much worst if at all than it was in 2001, and we had the BEST DAMN WR CORP WE'VE HAD IN YEARS.

And for that, Fiedler turned his his worst season as a pro. Sorry, move on fella. You know whats funny? If we cut him loose, NO other team would give him a starting position. Seriously. None. We're the only team blind and needy enough to let Jay Fiedler start.

Jay Fiedler is a hemmoroid.....there comes a time where you don't wait till it bleeds to operate.............It is now time to remove the hemmoroid.

What I'm pointin too is you know how we have trouble winning games down the stretch? Well Jay is usually a big part of us sucking when we suck in December. How do we even know he can win the big games? We don't even get to ponder that anymore because we haven't been in the playoffs for 2 years. But I'll tell ya this. 2002 against Minnesota and New England, those were big games. Even if you exclude the Minnesota game as a trap game not a big game, our season finale against the Pats was a BIG GAME and we had the ability there to assure ourselves a playoff spot AND the division title. Nope. No dice.

In playoff games and big season games, Jay Fiedler's probably about 1-6 with 2 TDs and 15,000 interceptions.

True to a certain point.Remeber that Jay is rush back after injuries because of the backup unable to get job done.Now let me breakdown those games:

Minnesota game
For the most part Jay had a good game and defense just couldn't stop Vikings who control time of possesion.Remember how Jay drove the fins offense and Carter dropped a catchable ball.Dolphins had to settle for field goal.

NE game
The offense was clicking early and not being predictable.This is were Dave kick in and became predictable running on first and secodn down which setup obvious passing down on third.Ricky had a big gam but most of his yards came in the first half when the offense wasn't predictable but second half he wasn't as effective because of the predictable playcalling.I remember even postig a post on how conservatice and predictable playcaling became and we were going to lose.Dave put the Dolphins in that situation and not Fiedler.Fiedler was to throw on three straight downs with time running out but if you look closely there was NO SEPERATION by our WR including Chambers who couldn't get way from TERRELL BUCKLEY.

We're the only team blind and needy enough to let Jay Fiedler start.

I agree.

I'd feel the same way about us going with Brunell as well. More used goods, with minimal upside....

YES TO RIVERS!!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!! :cpatch:

You know what I say thats BS, our OL this year wasn't much worst if at all than it was in 2001, and we had the BEST DAMN WR CORP WE'VE HAD IN YEARS.

And for that, Fiedler turned his his worst season as a pro. Sorry, move on fella. You know whats funny? If we cut him loose, NO other team would give him a starting position. Seriously. None. We're the only team blind and needy enough to let Jay Fiedler start.

Actually it was his best year with obsouletly no running game since it was year Lamar showed his true colors.BTW thanks to point out once again how bad oline has been recents years especially when Dixon who is out best lineman is out.The Dolphins need oline and they haven't had one in year.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

And you base this on how much NFL experience Rivers have, how many games has he won in the NFL? Right now, Rivers is not better than Jay. Give him some time to develope in the NFL, then we're talk.

duh, he's a rookie QB but he can read D's better then Jay, when do you ever see Jay audible out of a play, never.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom