Philip Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Rivers

WOW. Don't tease me like that!

Rivers is going to be fantastic.

Looks like Archie and Eli knew what they were doing when they said Eli wouldn't sign with San Diego.

For all that they gave up for Rivers, I would think they'd want a whole lot in return. I like Rivers a lot... but I'm not willing to mortgage the future to get him.

San Diego is a joke of a franchise right now. If it doesn't stop, pretty soon LT is going ot want out of there as well. I wouldn't mind taking him off their hands as well. :)

I heard them talking about San Diego's contract offer on the Dan Patrick radio show today. They said that $5 million of the offer was an incentive based on Rivers winning the Super Bowl and being elected to the Pro Bowl...in each of his first four seasons.

No wonder Rivers hopped a plane back to Raleigh. Who does the Spanos family think they're negotiating with...Master P?

these players are so stupid, get into camp on time! if you want more money, start negotiating earlier!

No wonder Rivers hopped a plane back to Raleigh. Who does the Spanos family think they're negotiating with...Master P?:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

phinphanphrommi said:
For all that they gave up for Rivers, I would think they'd want a whole lot in return. I like Rivers a lot... but I'm not willing to mortgage the future to get him.
Didn't they GET players by trading Eli Manning for the pick that got them Philip Rivers?

Yeah they didn't get anything, in fact they bent the Giants over... in terms of compensation, even if Rivers doesn't sign the Chargers won't came out of it in terrible shape.

He'll sign, because if he doesn't he'll lose an entire year of salary and experience. If he sits out the whole season, he'll never have success in the NFL. If he sits out half a season, he's in big trouble.

i like rivers, but he was drafted about 10 spots too early(and only because Marty fell in love with him at the Senior Bowl. a game where no pressure is put on the qb)

Rivers has returned to NC State and he is working out with the Wolfpack.

In contrast to the "Incentive" portion in his contract that states he must "win 4 SB's and be elected to the PB 4 times to receive 5 Million dollars", Larry Fitzgerald has an Incentive in his contract too - 1 PB Season and he gets 15 Million!

San Diego and AJ Smith are fools!

Back
Top Bottom