Phill Simms " Ryan Tannehill is Franchise Material if I was asked right now." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phill Simms " Ryan Tannehill is Franchise Material if I was asked right now."

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah,I know it's bleacher report but it's an interview of an ex NFL QB who is heavily involved in todays nfl saying Ryan in the last 5 games is growing up in a rapid pace and by the end of next year the Phins are gonna need to Pay Da Man.Video below

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1894670-phil-simms-believes-ryan-tannehill-is-franchise-quarterback-material?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=miami-dolphins

One quote from the video "Phil Simms: I Didn't Give Ryan Tannehill the Credit He Deserves."

If we plan on paying him a year before his contract is up this next draft and free agency period is going to have to be played really smart.

If we plan on paying him a year before his contract is up this next draft and free agency period is going to have to be played really smart.

he's only got a 4 year deal right cause of the haggling over that offset language...i believe he signed for 4 years as the compromise to the language...sure wish it was a 5 year pact...then we could wait til the 4th to get the extension done and be stealing with a low cap # at the most critical position the next 2 years...

a like $3.5 mil per year cap hit with that qb is a felony charge

got to get him some nasties upfront.

Not guys who quit or live in strip clubs.

No way you can do better than RT in the draft or FA. Argue something else. Argue how to make him better with play calling and design. Argue how to make him better with improved pass pro. Argue how he can improve his technique.

Don't argue he should be replaced because he is better than anyone available.

BTW, he had a very good season, just a rotten end. It puts a bad taste in a fan's mouth.

You can win with Tanny...kid shows a ton and if not for him we would have had **** to be excited for at the end if the year.

To be honest I like him a lot the only major issue I have with Tanny is his deep ball accuracy. Hopefully he works on that extensively this off season

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Overall Tannehill did have a good season, imo. The continuing inability to connect on long passes, however, especially down the sidelines, is both alarming and infuriating. I really want to believe it is just the last piece of the puzzle that will eventually fall into place as he fully matures but at this point, I just don't know if it is going to happen for him. He has already proven that he can win games, and getting the O-line mess straightened out (along with the running game) will definitely make his life easier. However, if he is ever going to make a real jump into the upper echelon level of starting QBs, he must hit those deep balls with far more regularity. If not, we'll keep seeing many more of those heart attack inducing games where the offense either does just enough to win or completely craps the bed.

No way you can do better than RT in the draft or FA. Argue something else. Argue how to make him better with play calling and design. Argue how to make him better with improved pass pro. Argue how he can improve his technique.

Don't argue he should be replaced because he is better than anyone available.

BTW, he had a very good season, just a rotten end. It puts a bad taste in a fan's mouth.
Yessir. The people suggesting we sign Freeman, Vick, etc or draft Johnny freaking Manziel are moronic.

Back
Top Bottom