Phillies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillies

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Philly is only 2.5 games out of the WILD CARD and they are hot.

Rollins is RED HOT and on another tear like the end of last year. I wonder if some of those trades will come back and haunt them. Oh well, they wanted Bobby gone. They didn't like him.

MikeO said:
Philly is only 2.5 games out of the WILD CARD and they are hot.

Rollins is RED HOT and on another tear like the end of last year. I wonder if some of those trades will come back and haunt them. Oh well, they wanted Bobby gone. They didn't like him.

Hey anything can happen in the NL this year, it's just so weak. I don't like the Phillies pitching but what wild card team has good pitching besides Houston? Houston's problem is they have no hitting what so ever and are 5 games back. The Reds have been playing very well but when your top pitchers are Harrang and Arroyo that just tells you how weak the NL is. Arizona is 1 game back and all they have is Webb. It should be an interesting month and a half of baseball.

What would really make the playoffs better would just have the top 7 AL teams and the Mets in the playoffs. At least there will be some series/games that would be watchable and every team would have somewhat of a chance.

Bobby Abreu is an average player although he's responded to the change of scenary. The Phillies and the rest of the NL are pathetic and are really just playing to be probably the 6th-7th best team in baseball during the playoffs.

djfresh47 said:
Bobby Abreu is an average player although he's responded to the change of scenary. The Phillies and the rest of the NL are pathetic and are really just playing to be probably the 6th-7th best team in baseball during the playoffs.

While Abreu isn't in the Soriano, Arod, Manny, Pujols categeory. He is far better than an average player.

MikeO said:
While Abreu isn't in the Soriano, Arod, Manny, Pujols categeory. He is far better than an average player.

Really? I have no idea what his Yankees stats are but he has been playing pretty well i've heard. Prior to the trade in his 170 previous games he had an average around .270 with 14 homeruns. Seem pretty average numbers to me.

djfresh47 said:
Really? I have no idea what his Yankees stats are but he has been playing pretty well i've heard. Prior to the trade in his 170 previous games he had an average around .270 with 14 homeruns. Seem pretty average numbers to me.

still, hes OBP has still been higher than average, and he plays good defense and can steal some bases and run them pretty good.. hes got an OPS near 900 dispite his lack of power this year. put that with 27 SBs and a above average glove and you got far from an "average" player.

his EqA is .302 which is damn good.

djfresh47 said:

Although Abreu is playing insane right now, he's not this good. He is however an above average player even if he hasn't had the best year and a half.

Nappy Roots said:
still, hes OBP has still been higher than average, and he plays good defense and can steal some bases and run them pretty good.. hes got an OPS near 900 dispite his lack of power this year. put that with 27 SBs and a above average glove and you got far from an "average" player.

his EqA is .302 which is damn good.

Ah I don't know about that. He has a great arm but I think his defense is a bit overrated. Yes he won a gold glove last year but it was considered a joke among Phillies fans who saw him play everyday. He's afraid of the wall, has his brain fart moments out there and doesn't always hustle.

Ray Finkle said:
Ah I don't know about that. He has a great arm but I think his defense is a bit overrated. Yes he won a gold glove last year but it was considered a joke among Phillies fans who saw him play everyday. He's afraid of the wall, has his brain fart moments out there and doesn't always hustle.

well still...i dont watch much philiies so i dont know for sure. but i would imagine his speed would let him cover more ground than an average guy...

outside that, his bat is still above-average alone so....

MikeO said:
Not really. the average OPS for starters (over a 125 games played) in mlb the last 2 years is about .750. Abreu is at 879 (bolstered by a big 1st half) in 05 and 861 as a phillie this year. So hes above average but nothing great. Hasnt been great since 04.

Nappy Roots said:
well still...i dont watch much philiies so i dont know for sure. but i would imagine his speed would let him cover more ground than an average guy...
outside that, his bat is still above-average alone so....
No he doesnt get good reads on the ball and as someone else alluded he is afraid of the wall. He tends to make mental mistakes that dont show up in a boxscore. Hes good, not a gold glove player though by any stretch. Whoever voted him as gold glove needs to look up the definition of the award.

Back
Top Bottom