Phillip Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
PFT mentions that the Charges might be looking into trading Rivers to the Titans for their first round. IF this is true, why wouldn't we try and get him? We have more value than the Titans with the #2 pick.

Because its a baseless rumor created by PFT to get more traffic before the draft.

Chances of this trade actually occuring or even being discussed: 0%

Phins34 said:
PFT mentions that the Charges might be looking into trading Rivers to the Titans for their first round. IF this is true, why wouldn't we try and get him? We have more value than the Titans with the #2 pick.

Because he isnt worth the #2 pick and Saban isnt dumb enough to make that trade

yea in fact AJ Smith has even said there will be no trading of his QBs from here till the end of the draft day.

Phins34 said:

The Titans are quite happy with Volek to replace McNair...they are cap strapped and cannot afford his contract anyway....

Actually the Chargers take the brunt of the cap hit ... and yes Rivers is a value for the #2 overall.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Actually the Chargers take the brunt of the cap hit ... and yes Rivers is a value for the #2 overall.

I don't think so :shakeno:

I don't understand that trade at all. Billy Volek played really well for the Titans last year. Rivers is still an unknown in the NFL. I don't see why the Titans would do that trade.

twohype said:
I don't think so :shakeno:

You are telling me you dont think that San Diego takes the brunt of his contract? SD gets stuck with the Bonuses and all Tenn would have to pay is the salary.

Phins34 said:

This rumor has legs because the chargers want to get volek to back up brees and he is already signed to a very low deal for the next three yrs. McNAir may retire after 05 and Rivers could step in. Remember that Chow and Rivers have a very special bond from NC State

LarryFinFan said:
The Titans are quite happy with Volek to replace McNair...they are cap strapped and cannot afford his contract anyway....
again not true............we can easily absorb what is left...........SD has paid a ton of it already

Back
Top Bottom