Philly.com says Feeley deal 2 years w/ 3 option years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philly.com says Feeley deal 2 years w/ 3 option years

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Yet another twist. This structure sounds alot better.

A league source said Feeley will receive a two-year contract from Miami that will include three option years.

Linkage

That definitely gives Miami a benefit, just incase Feeley screws up. But I don't think he will.

So much for the story that the team was giving him a 5 year deal and morgaging the future for an $18 million dollar deal..

Also, I thought this quote was noteworthy..

"The Eagles made Feeley available last off-season, but when they did not get any offers to their liking, they decided to hold onto him for another year."

This essentially kills all the talk that "none of the other teams knocked down the door to get him".. Obviously teams were interested, but Philly held out for more..

so don't be suprised if

Miami picks up that extra 1st and takes a qb (if the right one is available).

Put it this way, If we had signed Brunell, chances are we would've still drafted a qb in the 1st. That was the general concensous, even though you never know with Miami.

Jay Feely like him or not, I feel is a substitution for Mark Brunell, he's a veteran, has played in this league and can start right away. Let's face it, DW and RS need to win now to keep their jobs and Feely gives them the best option, since Ramsey wont be dealt, Brunell is gone, and Garcia, Warner, Couch, Holcombe, etc.. are garaunteed to be released or traded.

This 5 yr deal which is actually a 2yr deal, says that the club will cover it's a$$ and draft a qb to groom. If Feely turns out to be great then oh oh, guess what, we have possibly two great qb's on the roster and one could become trade bait.

Also keep in mind that with BG gone by 3/3 and JF most certainly gone with the feelers he's getting from other clubs, we only have Feely, Sage, and Stoener as our QB group.

My money says our qb transaction aren't over yet.

But just wait...........Rickwriter will soon tell you that this is a bad deal any way you slice it dice it. :lol:

Re: so don't be suprised if

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Miami picks up that extra 1st and takes a qb (if the right one is available).

Put it this way, If we had signed Brunell, chances are we would've still drafted a qb in the 1st. That was the general concensous, even though you never know with Miami.

Jay Feely like him or not, I feel is a substitution for Mark Brunell, he's a veteran, has played in this league and can start right away. Let's face it, DW and RS need to win now to keep their jobs and Feely gives them the best option, since Ramsey wont be dealt, Brunell is gone, and Garcia, Warner, Couch, Holcombe, etc.. are garaunteed to be released or traded.

This 5 yr deal which is actually a 2yr deal, says that the club will cover it's a$$ and draft a qb to groom. If Feely turns out to be great then oh oh, guess what, we have possibly two great qb's on the roster and one could become trade bait.

Also keep in mind that with BG gone by 3/3 and JF most certainly gone with the feelers he's getting from other clubs, we only have Feely, Sage, and Stoener as our QB group.

My money says our qb transaction aren't over yet.

I am betting that we end up with Losman with a dark horse of Pickett from Washington.

btw

Just because Feely is young doesn't mean we won't stick to the plan and draft another qb (if that was the plan). Age has nothing to do with it, this league is more and more becoming a C.Y.A league, so drafting a qb won't be out of the question.

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan
So much for the story that the team was giving him a 5 year deal and morgaging the future for an $18 million dollar deal..

It sounds like in essence it IS a five year deal - only the last three years and a big portion of the contract is not guaranteed. How big is the signing bonus and how much money is guaranteed in the first two years.

Re: Re: so don't be suprised if

Originally posted by finfan54

I am betting that we end up with Losman with a dark horse of Pickett from Washington.

Possibly or a Matt Schaub. I seriously doubt they'd take a qb in the first unless a Rivers dropped and they couldn't pass on him, becasue the wr position is just too damn good and we seriously need to look at our ol situation and possibly our dl situation.

Re: Re: so don't be suprised if

Originally posted by finfan54

I wouldn't be disappointed with EITHER..

Re: Re: Re: so don't be suprised if

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Possibly or a Matt Schaub. I seriously doubt they'd take a qb in the first unless a Rivers dropped and they couldn't pass on him, becasue the wr position is just too damn good and we seriously need to look at our ol situation and possibly our dl situation.

I agree. While this almost kills any possibility of drafting a QB in the 1st, doesn't mean we won't draft one at all.

Oh how exciting this offseason will be. :)

Aint that the truth

Originally posted by Muck

I agree. While this almost kills any possibility of drafting a QB in the 1st, doesn't mean we won't draft one at all.

Oh how exciting this offseason will be. :)

Man this offseason has been nothing less than exciting, starting from the GM search up till the QB search and we still have to shore up the ol and look for a stud wr. Man, I wouldn't be suprised with all the sam madison talk and troy vincent becoming available, I wouldn't be suprised if Sam is traded after 6/1 and we sign Troy. Or we make a run after T.O., Rian Diem, or one of the other glamour names being tossed around on this board.

One thing's for sure, our team...offensively is gonna look very different.

Back
Top Bottom