Philosophically speaking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philosophically speaking

Truedus

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Please read this entire senario before you comment:
Pretty much depends on losing Ogun (sorry :( I hate it too)
Miami addresses the OL with another Guard in the FA market improving our line somewhat and I would give them a grade of:
B-
Draft 2 WR in the first round. And fill in the gaps/provide some depth to different areas of the team

If the above senario took place, we would have 2 or 3 WR threats possible on the field, opening up the running game. I know the run is supposed to open the pass.... With a very average line, I beleive we will have to pass to establish the run. But the threat would always be there for the wide open guy.

This would create some very good scenarios. Think Denver '99. The D-lines playing vs them were pourous. Was it because the O-lines were that good? Maybe, but for my purposes it was because the offense EFFECTIVELY spread the defense and when Davis ran, there where huge holes to cut back in. Nobody blitzed effectively. And just when you thought they would pass to a WR, BAM! Shannon Sharpe. Or pass to the flats to Davis.

They did it with the very real passing threat. And then just kept you guessing from there on out. The fact is, their line was good, but the other part of the O was better. I think we could have that here with just 2 more offensive threats.

Ricky ran great two seasons ago. That line sucked as bad as this year. His production went down partly because of the offensive style (inability to pass effectively) and in equal part to his bad decisions. He said himself when he came here: The running back makes a good line, not the other way around.

I beleive we can win a championship with better coaching, 1 more good/great lineman and two WR. A.J. Feely is another topic though. The season may hinge on his ability to hit the wide open reciever, or just make a big play once in a while.

Just for the record, I have been a supporter of Fiedler. I think his thumb injury did him in.

True

Back
Top Bottom