Phin safeties | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phin safeties

finresurrection

2 Babes and a little paint, sweet!!!!
Reaction score
I was just looking at the salary cap page and noticed an oddity about our safeties, every one of them is signed through this coming season only.

Bell, Tillman, LeJeune, Hunt, Shabazz and now add Cooper to this list who just signed for 1 yr. The only guy who could play safety that is signed beyond 2006 is Reynaldo Hill who also plays CB and is signed through 2008.

Could this mean we are targeting a safety or 2 in the draft? if so, who? Darnell Bing? Huff? Williams? someone else?

well bell is going to be a restricted free agent next year. we arent targeting bing because we dont have a 2nd rounder. huff wont be there and williams is dropping like crazy. i do think we take at least one, im hoping for jason allen at 16 because he can play saftey and corner. i dont think lejune makes the opening day roster and cooper and tillman could be resigned next year depending on how they do this upcoming season.

gunnakillbrady said:
GREG BLUE Georgia boy who hits better then sean taylor

also is horrible in coverage. alot of talk about how he may be moved to linebacker to cover up his coverage liabilities.

motioncityhifi said:
also is horrible in coverage. alot of talk about how he may be moved to linebacker to cover up his coverage liabilities.

True I never really care bout his coverage skills when I look at a highlite reel of his hits though anyone seen it?

Blue has great size and is a great hitter, but he is bad in coverage. It's a great option if the franchise that draft him, move him to linebacker, but also, he must add more weight if he is going to be LB in NFL.

firestorm said:
Blue has great size and is a great hitter, but he is bad in coverage. It's a great option if the franchise that draft him, move him to linebacker, but also, he must add more weight if he is going to be LB in NFL.

he many not need to add weight. at 220 pds he can play in indy or tampa bay because of the emphasis of speed over size.

Back
Top Bottom