Phins Fans' Opinions Regarding the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Fans' Opinions Regarding the Jets

JumboTD40 to 37

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know, as a Jet fan, that although I hate the Phins I still hear about their problems and issues and so on. And I ofcourse have an opinion on almost everything I hear about, for example; I think that Wanny should be out after this year because you can credit all of his 10-11 win seasons to the tremendous amount of talent on the team, not his coaching. With a good coach, rather than a mediocre one, the Phins could easily win it all. But anyway that's besides the point. What I want to know is what your opinions on a few things are:

#1 Ted Cotrell: should he be fired as DC?
#2 Curtis Martin or Lamont Jordan: Who would you take?
#3 Herm Edwards: is he doing a good job as HC
#4 Chad Pennington: Is he good enough to take the Jets to the Super Bowl?

I just thought that hearing your opinions would be interesting.

1) If he's been the same D coordinator you've had the last few years then yes you need to get rid of him. You have a good DLine (Though Robertson is overrated) and a good secondary. Your linebackers are no older or slower than ours...why is it that they are terrible at stopping the run every year?

2) Martin is getting old...in their primes take Martin, future is in Lamont's hands for the Jets.

3) Who else are you going to get that's going to upgrade from Edwards? He's a good motivator and he has a never die attitude.

4) I'd kill to have Pennington in a Dolphins jersey. The kid is already special.

1) I think Ted Cotrell is somewhat overrated as a defensive coordinator. His teams in Buffalo had tremendous talent (Bruce Smith, Ted Washington), and he has been living off the success his defenses had there. That said, he is still a pretty good coach. I'd keep him unless a better option came up.

2) Martin is done I think. He is already a part-time back. Lamont Jordan has shown flashes, and probbaly only needs a chance to carry the load. Give him the start.

3) Herm Edwards is an outstanding head coach. I'd love to have him coaching the Dolphins.

4) I agree with 984 on Pennington. The kid is already good. He'll be a superstar in a few years......

1) I don't know that I'd fire Cottrell. But I'd certainly look around. His units just haven't gotten it done the last few years.

Now they're talking about moving John Abraham back to WLB. I think that might be a good move. Abraham is small and gets swallowed up against the run. Moving him would get the third of your #1 DE picks (Bryan Thomas) on the field. He's bigger. And if nothing else, you gotta play him at some point.

Abraham is a big LB. Being 6-4 with that speed and playing in space, it would allow you to do so much more. He'd be hell coming on the blitz.

And playing out in space would largely cut down on the knocks he takes from offensive lineman. It would also allow him to lose some weight and get even faster. Assuming he can relearn the position, I think that could have a ripple effect across the defense.

2) You spent a high pick on Jordan. And like Kevin Barlow in SF, you've got to use him at some point. But Curtis Martin is still playing well IMO. Tough to get rid of a player like him. And that being the case, I wouldn't rule out Bill Parcells making a play for Curtis this offseason. He's one of Bill's guys. Parcells loves him. He loves Parcells. It would definitely work. So if it happens, you heard it here first. :)

3) Herm Edwards is an awesome coach. He's doing a great job. The Jets always finish strong. I'd take him in a heartbeat in Miami.

4) Chad rules. He's just awesome. He's definitely good enough to take the Jets to the Super Bowl. Watching him play reminds me of Joe Montana. Like Tom Brady, he doesn't have the biggest arm. But like Brady, he's a fearless winner who isn't fazed by any situation. Brady has the bigger arm. Chad is more accurate. I have the utmost respect for both QBs. I think Chad's the better "pure QB", while Brady just has more "magic". As a football fan, I can't wait to see Chad play a full 16-game season.

Originally posted by JumboTD40 to 37
I know, as a Jet fan, that although I hate the Phins I still hear about their problems and issues and so on. And I ofcourse have an opinion on almost everything I hear about, for example; I think that Wanny should be out after this year because you can credit all of his 10-11 win seasons to the tremendous amount of talent on the team, not his coaching. With a good coach, rather than a mediocre one, the Phins could easily win it all. But anyway that's besides the point. What I want to know is what your opinions on a few things are:

#1 Ted Cotrell: should he be fired as DC?
#2 Curtis Martin or Lamont Jordan: Who would you take?
#3 Herm Edwards: is he doing a good job as HC
#4 Chad Pennington: Is he good enough to take the Jets to the Super Bowl?

I just thought that hearing your opinions would be interesting.

1) Let Cotrell interview for HC job. He doesn't help you guys.

2) Curtis. LaMont doesn't impress me. He's big, and? Curtis can cut back, run into a pile, do it all.

3) Herm is a master motivator, but isn't a great X and O coach.

4) Chad is definitely a QB that can win the big game.

Back
Top Bottom