Phins in NFL's 100 Best: Favre is No. 1 again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins in NFL's 100 Best: Favre is No. 1 again

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
NFL's 100 Best: Favre is No. 1 again

NFL's 100 Best: Favre is No. 1 again By Dan Pompei - SportingNews.com

Here are 2003's 100 best players (last year's rankings in parentheses).

7. Jason Taylor, DE, Dolphins (43). The premier edge rusher in the game, Taylor has more sacks in the past three years than any player except Strahan. He's also better against the run than he gets credit for.
14. Ricky Williams, RB, Dolphins (50). No running back was more critical to his team's success last year. Speed isn't supposed to be his bag, but Williams led the NFL in rushes of 10 yards or more with 57.
41. Patrick Surtain, CB, Dolphins (52).
42. Zach Thomas, MLB, Dolphins (49).
74. Sam Madison, CB, Dolphins (66).

A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, i'd agree with dr pompeii, but favre is not

all he used to be... he is a great hall of fame qb, just don't think he is

#1.. maybe #5... TO should be #2...i am a homer and put #1 ricky

williams.. in miami he has lived up to the hype that ditka seen...our

boy is the best in the game...in my miami biased opinion...DREADS

Favre is still darn good considering he has so little help, #1 may be questionable. "31. Rich Gannon, QB, Raiders (33)." is a shocker since that is like putting Marino in 1985 or 6 as #31

Everyone is a Brett lover I swear. It's kinda funny how the Falcons shut em' down last year in GB.

That list is a joke. It seems like it is written by a 10 year old to be honest. Guys like Woodson, Shockey, Favre, etc. are too high. Todd Heap is 20 places below Shockey but he is just as good, the only difference is that Heap doesn't have a loud mouth and doesn't play in New York. You would think an "expert" could get this stuff right.

Surtain is way too low considering some of the guys ahead of him (Vincent, Woodson)

Also, Jason Taylor is better than Strahan, but it is debateable.

Ricky should be a lot higher than 14th.

Brett Favre deserves to be # 1. He never gets injured and is very consistent in putting up good numbers year in and year out. You guys have to stop hating on him just because he is close to breaking some Marino records.

As much as it pains me to say this Tom Brady should of made the list. He is one of the Best up and coming QBs in the league. He won a superbowl and has backed it up with a great second season. He has to be ahead of Chad Penington I would even put him top 50. You can't tell me Shockey has done more then Brady for his team (Superbowl anyone)

the list was his predictions for who will be the top 100 in 2003. Previous accomplishment mean nothing other than to help determine what kinda year the guy will have in 03. I agree Brady s/b top 100 since the Pats are a passing team and he racks up mucho attempts for a decent team

Originally posted by Prime Time
Brett Favre deserves to be # 1. He never gets injured and is very consistent in putting up good numbers year in and year out. You guys have to stop hating on him just because he is close to breaking some Marino records.

First of all, Favre isn't breaking any records. Dan Marino has around 100 touchdowns more, as well as being way ahead in pass yardage. He may not get injured and may be tough, but that doesn't make you the best player in the league. Favre is certainly not the #1 player in the league at this point.

bottom line...brett farve is no longer the #1 player in the NFL. at least he didn't select mike vick #1 like the rest of the lapdog, kissbutt media and the sheep public :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Favre is one of the best player, but he isn't the #1.

But you have to gave him some credit for his career, he never had good receivers before, much like Marino didn't have a running attack.

Back
Top Bottom