Phins interested in Gators OT Max Starks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins interested in Gators OT Max Starks?

Noodle Arm

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
On another Dolphins forum a member who attends the University of Florida was saying that OT Max Starks came to visit his g/f and mentioned that the Phins said they were interested in picking him in the 3rd and moving him to guard. IF this is true then what are your thoughts on this? Heres the link Yes Yes it's Phinzone I know...

Id be more worried about what he was visiting the G/F for!?

LoL J/K :D

I posted before on this guy.

I have a friend who is a receiver on the Gators so he gives me a lot of info on this kid, and also the fact he was on the Lake Highland ball club that whipped us 52-7 in highschool helps me get a good idea of what kind of player he is. (we beat his team the next year. :D

Anyways, Max is a very smart player, on the field and off. I believe he had a high wonderlic score and he does well in school. Only problem on the field is sometimes, although he knows what to do he just cant do it. He is HUGE, very tall, and decently athletic, but definitely could use a little weight, but with someone that size you have to take a chance on him. IF he can improve his foot work and get some more drive when run blocking he could turn into a very solid tackle.

I think it will all depend on who drafts him as to how he willl turn out. He needs good coaching.

I don't want a 6'7 guard blocking the trowing lanes for our QB.

Ozzy rules!!

good point danny, would rather us draft o-line with first then add other positions, dt, I like the idea of drafting the best dt we can get with the 2nd and have him rotate with the big boys.

I also, like the idea of getting the best wr we can get, but we do have alot, possibly if we trade down, we can pick up smiley, snee, grove, carey, plus a solid wr evans?, clayton? with our 2nd

Hell NAW!!! I'm not gonna sit here and watch us waste a 3rd on another Offensive lineman...we wont get quality there, i.e. Whitley & Smith, So we stick with drafting Andrews and using our 3rd for a position that has depth in the draft like Wr or Safety or Lb...and we need to draft an OLineman that can start for us this year and be effective...unless we get both Andrews and Starks oh man that would be sweet. Draft OL w/1st not 3rd(unless both are drafted)

You know wut im sayin BB i mean if we're goin to use a pick on an Olineman then we should get the 2nd best OL in the draft which looks to be Andrews right now and I' ve liked wut I've heard bout this kid...he is wut we're lookin for in an OL and we need him to make our OL solid...I wont settle for a 4th, 5th, 6th best OL because its just ridiculous to do it two years in a row and it would be another disappointing draft.

Who's saying we wouldn't take Andrews in round 1 and Starks in round 3? OL's enough of a need that it's not totally unreasonable.

I don't think Matt Starks needs to add anymore weight. He's already 350. :tongue:

I like Nat Dorsey. He'll realize his potential in the NFL. I can't tell you why I think so, I just think he's a guy that plays to his surroundings.

BTW Starks is real slow...I dont know if that means our coaches would be turned off to him or not.

Back
Top Bottom