Phins Make Roster Moves 80 Cut Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Make Roster Moves 80 Cut Day

Pretty easy moves. Kept a lot of other guys for practice reasons even if they struggled. Need bodies at certain spots for practice.

He still gets paid, I believe. He could have been placed on the IR list that allows a return in 6 weeks or some such. Not sure if the exact terms. Not really sure why they would make this move.

He still gets paid, I believe. He could have been placed on the IR list that allows a return in 6 weeks or some such. Not sure if the exact terms. Not really sure why they would make this move.
Only way he could return this season from the IR is for him to make the final 53 and then go on the IR. That would mean somebody else would be exposed to waivers. They didn't think he was worth one of the 53 spots.

Only way he could return this season from the IR is for him to make the final 53 and then go on the IR. That would mean somebody else would be exposed to waivers. They didn't think he was worth one of the 53 spots.
I’m not sure Shaheen can return either way? I though once on the season ending IR, that’s it??

In order to be eligible to return this season he would have to be on the final 53 in week 1. Putting him on IR essentially eliminates that and puts him out for the year.

There isn't cap savings by keeping him on the roster but does open up a roster spot. Could be insurance next year in case Gesicki bounces.

I’m not sure Shaheen can return either way? I though once on the season ending IR, that’s it??
Not if he makes the original roster. That's what TB is thinking of doing with Jensen.

Back
Top Bottom