Phins OL Set For 2015 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins OL Set For 2015

agreed but just cause jason fox signs doesnt mean he's making the roster let alone anything else...there's no real money to even validate his spot at this point...what he signed for is close to the vet minimum for his years of service...probably $400k away if you break it down 1.25 mil per year...it's peanuts...i think miamis just keeping an OPTION not necessarily the guaranteed one...at least i'm hoping its not plain tunnel vision on their part

I didnt mention Fox because I think he only figures into the tackle rotation. I just think our big FA money sure looks like its going towards cb, lb and dt. Doesnt mean we wont spend some money on a guard and an early draft pick is a definite possibility.

I wouldn't doubt this but the Guard wasn't good and who knows if Albert will be ready Opening Day...I can easily see us grabbing a Guard and Tackle through the Draft or FA.

yeah i dont mind signing fox at all... but we still need to build the o-line and get an OG in FA... draft one as well to develop into our own!!!

The line still needs another starting guard and then I'll feel a little better. I don't expect for Albert to be ready and when he is I don't trust that he'll stay healthy. That being said, La'el Collins makes a lot of sense. Kind of depressing to pick OL again but I have no faith in Albert's ability to stay healthy.

A tier 3 guy and a draft pick should fill out the line at this point. I expect like last year, if we have an injury we're ****ed...

I don't believe in the billy turner at guard thing.

I remember not long after camp ended it was mentioned that turners experiment at guard was over. And I haven't heard or seen anything too the contrary from anyone who matters, in other words philbin, lazor, hickey or turner. The gurus and sports hacks and board copycats seem to have not gotten that message. Now, did that change? If so, then so be it but....... .

Billy Turner is a tackle, a blessed one and guard is absolutely the wrong fit for him. He was one of my top 3 players I wanted on the finz last year but after we picked him I thought, OK, but, we just drafted James #1 and Albert got a warren buffet deal. Billy ain't playin' for a while. DAMN!! and then I saw in camp they were trying to force guard on him and he is going to be forgotten chill come over me.

And I have seen philbin saying turner is coming along nicely, he is improved so much since last year, dadadadada......., but, improved at what Joe? Guard? Tackle?

And even turner himself said not long ago that when the injury bomb hit the o-line last year, "I felt I was healthy and ready to play and could have made a difference".

And I agree. And I know a lot of us were asking where the hell is turner during the November line bomb.

So, if they are going to shove him in at guard, then for gods sake, put him on the left side where he has spent most of his football life. Give him SOME familiarity!!

Now, my "billy turner" in this years draft is LAKEN TOMLINSON who is the best guard in this draft and one of the better guard prospects in a few years. I see a pro bowl guard and if he goes to a hi profile team, pats, cowboys, broncos..., he is a pro bowler year one!!

I do not believe we are set at the online, not at all as our bench is rancid. Guard especially!!

And there are some good ones beside laken but he is in another zone. He has worked his way into the lower part of the 1st round and we would have to move up which I doubt we would. But, if he drops into around #5 in round two, I can see that move. Especially if we go cb in round one (and taking into account suh is a fin).

We signed Fox in April of last year, Colledge on July 1 and Satele August 2. It's a bit premature to say the line is set and there will be no more FA signings.

I think I need a forum translator. I said "All MAJOR FA signings will be done by then." I don't consider Fox, Satele, and Colledge MAJOR, and 2 were signed because of injury.

I also said, in the OP that "It does APPEAR" and maybe we add a cheaper vet at OG and Satele. as well as "going into camp." I guess I should have added a ? to the tittle but, keep forgetting that some don't bother to read the OP and just reply to the title. :)

I think I need a forum translator. I said "All MAJOR FA signings will be done by then." I don't consider Fox, Satele, and Colledge MAJOR, and 2 were signed because of injury.

I also said, in the OP that "It does APPEAR" and maybe we add a cheaper vet at OG and Satele. as well as "going into camp." I guess I should have added a ? to the tittle but, keep forgetting that some don't bother to read the OP and just reply to the title. :)

I wasn't discussing why we signed them, I was pointing out that we signed two starters in the summer months, regardless of reason. There will be plenty of options to alter the line from next week until game 1. Just because we are not landing a Branden Albert signing doesn't mean the line is set, way too early to say that when the free agency period hasn't even began. Also your title and OP contradict each other.

If you say the "O line is set for 2015" but really mean "no MAJOR free agent signings", maybe you do need a translator

I wasn't discussing why we signed them, I was pointing out that we signed two starters in the summer months, regardless of reason. There will be plenty of options to alter the line from next week until game 1. Just because we are not landing a Branden Albert signing doesn't mean the line is set, way too early to say that when the free agency period hasn't even began. Also your title and OP contradict each other.

I did not think it was a contradiction if you read both. Thought it was a title for discussion, with my thoughts in the OP but, guess I needed the ? to be correct for the forum.

If you say the "O line is set for 2015" but really mean "no MAJOR free agent signings", maybe you do need a translator

:0 You may be right. Whenever I read an article/thread, I look at both the title and what someone has to say on the title before replying or having an opinion. I see both as joined together, and don't understand how you can comment on just a title alone. Does that make sense to you?

:0 You may be right. Whenever I read an article/thread, I look at both the title and what someone has to say on the title before replying or having an opinion. I see both as joined together, and don't understand how you can comment on just a title alone. Does that make sense to you?
Yes, but you can't separate them, the title should mirror the content. You can't make a title that says "Tom Brady killed" but in the post say he was beaten badly in a poker game then complain that people only focus on the title.

Yes, but you can't separate them, the title should mirror the content. You can't make a title that says "Tom Brady killed" but in the post say he was beaten badly in a poker game then complain that people only focus on the title.

I believe I did that in my saying that our starters going into camp will come from what we have, and maybe a cheaper vet. I sent this to many friends and posted on another forum. No one had any problem in understand it, other than here.

Back
Top Bottom