Phins - Patriots Swapping Home Games?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins - Patriots Swapping Home Games??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Phins - Patriots Home Games??

I don't know if anyone has posted this (I can't remember if I've read it), but erralyn mentioned in chat this evening a little tidbit from Hank Goldberg.

According to Hank, if the Marlins reach the World Series, the Dolphins/Patriots game on October 19th could be switched to New England. In turn, the Week 14 game at Foxboro would be moved to Pro Player Stadium.

That would mean 4 straight away games for the Phins (the next home game would be Week 9 vs Indianapolis on November 2nd). It would also mean that three of our four December games would be played at home.

Under the switch, December would look like this....

Week 14 - New England
Week 15 - Philly
Week 16 - @Buffalo
Week 17 - New York

Works for me man. As much as I want the infield covered over, if its gonna stick around for a while longer, at least we might get some good out of it.

That better not happen because I've spent money on Tix, Airfare, Hotel, Car Rental and time off from work to make the game. And with only 2 weeks to go, I seriously doubt that will happen.

We'll just have to play the game on the dirt and move on.

I agree. I don't think it will happen. But just the fact that it's being mentioned by Mr. KnowItAll himself (Hank) makes you check it out.

Dude, that would suck for you.

Originally posted by Muck
I agree. I don't think it will happen. But just the fact that it's being mentioned by Mr. KnowItAll himself (Hank) makes you check it out.

Dude, that would suck for you.

No Crap it would suck!!!!!! I look forward to getting out of Dallas and to Miami and doing in December would suck. October is still great beach time, but December? :(

I'm also happy I'll get to watch the TurkeyDay game. Wished the 'Phins could have worn the orange jerseys then. Will be interesting to see Ricky run in Texas again! Hopefully he fairs better than the Houston trip.

Well, I don't know if I would like that. Yeah, December would be chalk full of home games but on the road for four straight weeks is brutal. Hopefully the Marlins blow it against the Cubs ( I hope they do anyways) and this becomes a moot point.

Hehehe Well, Muck what can I say, I am a Dodgers fan. Eric Karros and Mark Grudzliawhateverhisnameis are both Cubbies, as well as Tom Goodwin. Not to mention Dusty Baker, former Dodger as well (we will choose to forget those awful ten years or so in San Fran). Dusty Baker actually is credited for inventing the High Five. CO CUBBIES.

Muck, this would be really good for us because it would keep us on the road longer and thats what this team needs.

Re: Phins - Patriots Home Games??

Originally posted by Muck
I don't know if anyone has posted this (I can't remember if I've read it), but erralyn mentioned in chat this evening a little tidbit from Hank Goldberg.

According to Hank, if the Marlins reach the World Series, the Dolphins/Patriots game on October 19th could be switched to New England. In turn, the Week 14 game at Foxboro would be moved to Pro Player Stadium.
No, actually, there is no possibility of switching home games with NE. Because the AL won baseball's all-star game, thus winning home-field advantage for the world series, even if the Marlins got to the World Series, Oct. 18 (the day of the home NE game)would be an away game for the Marlins. The reason that Goldberg started mentioning this was that he got confused after reading a Marvez article after the baseball all-star break and assumed that if the marlins made it to the world series the game would be a home game. Marvez's article was merely stating the fact that any chance of the game being switched went up in smoke with the AL's win in the all-star game. When a caller called him on this about a week ago, he blasted the caller, then minutes later found out from his assistant that the caller was right.

Re: Re: Phins - Patriots Home Games??

Originally posted by Rrodr038

No, actually, there is no possibility of switching home games with NE. Because the AL won baseball's all-star game, thus winning home-field advantage for the world series, even if the Marlins got to the World Series, Oct. 18 (the day of the home NE game)would be an away game for the Marlins. The reason that Goldberg started mentioning this was that he got confused after reading a Marvez article after the baseball all-star break and assumed that if the marlins made it to the world series the game would be a home game. Marvez's article was merely stating the fact that any chance of the game being switched went up in smoke with the AL's win in the all-star game. When a caller called him on this about a week ago, he blasted the caller, then minutes later found out from his assistant that the caller was right.

That's exactly correct! Hank is the second Talk Show host to do this in as many weeks.

Not just by Hank, but by the late night crew.

It won't happen, and in Marvez's article it clearly says how!

3 straight away? Bullsh*t. But that December sched. DOES look alot better..

Forget that we can get this stupid Jax game if we play hard even decent. Turn it up against New England. Then with a charge Seau go home to San Diego and kick the living crap out of the Chargers.

Re: Re: Phins - Patriots Home Games??

Originally posted by Rrodr038

When a caller called him on this about a week ago, he blasted the caller, then minutes later found out from his assistant that the caller was right.

Boy that sounds about right. I'm sure Hank apologized profusely to the caller over the air. :rolleyes:

I love listening to Hank in the 4:00 hour. All he does is berate his callers. Good thing he's not on ESPN Countdown or he'd be in hot water like Rush. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom