Phins release 11 players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins release 11 players

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
Dolphins Release 11 Players; Bring Roster Down To 71
August 25, 2002

The Miami Dolphins waived the following 11 players today (NFL years of experience in parentheses):

DT James Atkins (R)
RB Marlon Barnes (2)
WR Ronney Daniels (1)
WR Margin Hooks (1)
QB Zak Kustok (R)
T Corey Mitchell (R)
P Casey Roussel (R)
WR Sulecio Sanford (2)
LB Justin Seaverns (R)
WR Sam Simmons (R)
LB Shannon Wadley (R)

For the news page....

The Miami Dolphins waived the following 11 players today (NFL years of experience in parentheses):

DT James Atkins (R)
RB Marlon Barnes (2)
WR Ronney Daniels (1)
WR Margin Hooks (1)
QB Zak Kustok (R)
T Corey Mitchell (R)
P Casey Roussel (R)
WR Sulecio Sanford (2)
LB Justin Seaverns (R)
WR Sam Simmons (R)
LB Shannon Wadley (R)

Originally posted by InMyChambers
Dolphins Release 11 Players; Bring Roster Down To 71
August 25, 2002

DT James Atkins (R)
RB Marlon Barnes (2)
WR Ronney Daniels (1)
WR Margin Hooks (1)
QB Zak Kustok (R)
T Corey Mitchell (R)
P Casey Roussel (R)
WR Sulecio Sanford (2)
LB Justin Seaverns (R)
WR Sam Simmons (R)
LB Shannon Wadley (R)

No real surprises there. Simmons was a real dissappointment. I liked Justin Seaverns, but in the few chances he had he didn't show too much. Kustok was a done deal after the trade for Sage.

Really not too much the first cuts. But after this is when it gets interesting.

Too bad for Simmons but hey he got a Cadillac Escalade and a Northwestern education out of football.

I'm hoping James Atkins gets on the P-squad, he was showing some stuff from what I read.......

Just some names that will be worth watching IMO, as far as their chances of making the final 53, or at worst the PS are: S Jason Moore, DE Rod Kelley, DT H. Taylor, LB J. Symonnette, and CB C. Donaldson.

Guys that are looking more and more like goners are: RT A. Cesario, OG T. Andrew.

I left out the already annointed (By us internet GM's) for the PS, RB L. Henry.

A couple guys that I'm just not too sure what the chances for are: LB S. Shields, and FB Femi..............ejo, and CB Ray Green.

Some guys I just want to see gone are: J. Ogden, Fat-ass Mayes, S. Draper.

The two (Personal) favorites to make the team are WR's Baker, and AJ. These are two of the feel-good stories of the camp, along with RB R. Edwards, who looks like a shoe-in to make it, if his health holds up.

I'm surprised Kevin Rollins has made it as far as he has over Seaverns.

Oh well, neither would have made the team anyway,

I'm actually surprised that Seaverns was cut since he started in Thomas's place last week.

No suprise about Seaverns. He was too slow. And he didn't read and react fast enough to compensate.

All I was saying Muck is that Rollins lasted longer.

I was surprised that we cut Simmons so early. It looks like he struggled in the beginning and we said it was the end, we should have let him stay another week to prove himself. Also, I am surprised that we kept Symonette over Simmons. I hope Simmons makes it in the NFL.

My surprise is how fast they booted Levcik and Kustok. I figured they'd keep at least one until the last cut. Just to see if maybe one was good enough for the PS.

But after listening to the games, etc. Neither really was good enough. Ok, so now who's the PS quarterback going to be. Not like it matters, but what the hey.

Originally posted by Phinstd
All I was saying Muck is that Rollins lasted longer.

I wasn't addressing you.....or anyone. Just adding my two cents. ;)

Cool. And I don't how to work those trendy little smilies.

Back
Top Bottom