Phins Sack Attack | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Sack Attack

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
The top ten D's on sacks, as per ESPN, are Carolina with 60, Buff with 57, Rams with 53, NO with 49, NE with 48, KC with 47. Zona with 47, GB with 44, Seattle with 44, and Cinci with 43.

Miamis was tied at #11 with Indy, in spite of Vernon being the only one who did more than the past.

How much did sacks only really matter?

[video=youtube_share;4CV13wF5iq0]http://youtu.be/4CV13wF5iq0[/video]

They mattered but pressures were probably more important and lead to many turnovers. One area the defense really improved in.

[video=youtube_share;4CV13wF5iq0]http://youtu.be/4CV13wF5iq0[/video]

They mattered but pressures were probably more important and lead to many turnovers. One area the defense really improved in.

I would agree. However, I was at times, surprised by the lack of pressure our front was able to produce.

towards the end of the year the pass rush was mostly gone.
Delayed blitz's were just killing our own D

it was our second go round with the Bills then the Jets. Maybe they figured out our tendencies because the pass rush was poor both games.
Not what we expected with the playoffs on the line.

Our D also had 69 hits and 216 hurries. To compare, Carolina had 72 and 212, Buff had 54 and 208, and Seattle had 72 and 216. Not much if any difference in the pass rush but, we were getting run over on many a play.

I have to agree that it sure did not seem like we were bringing the same kind of QB pressure as the other three teams, and not consistently. Maybe this year, with a healthy Wake, a Jordan on the field, and others remembering what they were able to do, we "could" be something very special in getting after the QB.

Maybe this year, with a healthy Wake, a Jordan on the field, and others remembering what they were able to do, we "could" be something very special in getting after the QB.

I know this was the first year he saw injuries, but at 32 how much longer can we count on him not to get nicked up?

Back
Top Bottom