Phins Sign Three UFA's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Sign Three UFA's

The Dolphins signed former Rutgers offensive lineman Ireland Brown, Wisconsin cornerback and Jason Maitre and Virginia Tech defensive tackle Mario Kendricks, the team announced Tuesday.
Brown, is a 6-foot-2, 290-pound interior offensive line prospect who started at center and guard for the Scarlet Knights.
Maitre, a nickel corner who also has safety versatility, played six seasons of college football — five with Boston College and his sixth and final season as a starter for the Wisconsin Badgers.
Kendricks, Played in all 13 games, making eight starts ... recorded 16 tackles (10 solo), including 4.5 TFL ... registered 1.5 sacks and a quarterback hurry

During his college tenure, the 5’10” defensive back brought down four interceptions — including one which he returned for a touchdown.
I assume fairly long shot to make the team, maybe even a long shot for the PS. But weren’t Needham and Kadu both UDFAs?
What scheme did these guys play in college. Will it match up with what we do?

The Dolphins signed former Rutgers offensive lineman Ireland Brown, Wisconsin cornerback and Jason Maitre and Virginia Tech defensive tackle Mario Kendricks, the team announced Tuesday.
Brown, is a 6-foot-2, 290-pound interior offensive line prospect who started at center and guard for the Scarlet Knights.
Maitre, a nickel corner who also has safety versatility, played six seasons of college football — five with Boston College and his sixth and final season as a starter for the Wisconsin Badgers.
Kendricks, Played in all 13 games, making eight starts ... recorded 16 tackles (10 solo), including 4.5 TFL ... registered 1.5 sacks and a quarterback hurry

During his college tenure, the 5’10” defensive back brought down four interceptions — including one which he returned for a touchdown.

It sounds like Kendricks, in particular, may be one to really watch.

Kendricks is REALLY short.

He's 6 foot and 2/8ths of an inch tall.

But, but, but he was really effective, especially at tackling, based on his stats.
Doesn't that sound like something we could use to our advantage?

Wasn't it you that brought up the point that our defense needed to tackle better, or did you say the entire defense had to improve?

By my count, that takes our roster to 92 players... I believe we get one extra (for now) because Matos is in the foreign player's program.

But, but, but he was really effective, especially at tackling, based on his stats.
Doesn't that sound like something we could use to our advantage?

Wasn't it you that brought up the point that our defense needed to tackle better, or did you say the entire defense had to improve?
Heh! Nope... it wasn't me. I'm not one that argues 'tackle better'... you've got the wrong guy.

Heh! Nope... it wasn't me. I'm not one that argues 'tackle better'... you've got the wrong guy.

Thanks for the correction.

I read a lot of posts and more often than not, I remember the context more than who posted it, so I seldom "quote" the post unless I have it before me.

For the record, I agree that we had a lot of sloppy tackling by the defense when a player got close enough to even attempt to make a tackle. I saw a lot of plays where our defensive guys just gave up.

And with that, the roster is now maxed out at 91 (including 1 international player exemption).

Any further signings will need to be accompanied by corresponding cuts.

Bubble Gum Sport GIF by Milwaukee Brewers

Kendricks is REALLY short.

He's 6 foot and 2/8ths of an inch tall.
It's a tad short but as long as he's a good fb player who knows, size doesn't always equate to success. Just think ZT and Troy Polamalu(I know diff positions) plus many more. Finger's crossed

Never heard of 2/8ths, it’s actually a1/4
Heh! They measure players to the eighth...

So... his read 6 0 2

6 feet 0 inches 2 eighths

People unfamiliar with this methodology see this and think 6'2".

Back
Top Bottom