Phins' tender to Greenwood | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins' tender to Greenwood

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
From today's papers...
Morlon Greenwood's agent, Harold Lewis, said the Dolphins plan to offer a first- or third-round tender to Greenwood, a restricted free agent.

Owens, Dolphins share interest

Of course, there's other news in that article, but that's for other threads. Anyway, we're planning to put a first or third round tender on Greenwood? REALLY? I mean, this is the same guy who's made barely any big plays in three years of starting and who we drafted Eddie Moore to replace. I think $10 per hour is pushing it for his services, let alone even considering a first round tender.

I thought Greenwood played well last year. NO chance anyone will pay that for him, but I thought he held his own and may be improving steadily. Moore will prob replace Seau eventually (or move greenwood over then) and play cover downs for seau now. By the way, can we still tender wally for the same amount or does this change everything?

i could be wrong on this but if they are a RFA we can tender each of them at the highest level i think but like i said i could be wrong

I'm fairly certain you're correct, canesanddolphins. The only restriction is that the Phins have to be under the salary cap by a certain date. (Season opener?)

thought Greenwood played well last year. NO chance anyone will pay that for him, but I thought he held his own and may be improving steadily. Moore will prob replace Seau eventually (or move greenwood over then) and play cover downs for seau now. By the way, can we still tender wally for the same amount or does this change everything
I agree dreadlocka. Going into last year I thought Greenwood was a waste, but I thought he played pretty well last year. Good enough to keep anyway!? I am not sure at what cost it will be now, but I do still want him as a phin(for the right cost of course).

The lowest level the Fins can tender Greenwood for is $675K which is the draft pick compensation.

If another team reaches an agreement with Greenwood then the compensation is the round Greenwood was picked in which was the third.

So the question on the low level tender is if Greenwood is worth $675K and if not is he worth losing for a third round pick? I say yes to both.

The Phins are doing the smart thing by tendering Greenwood with a first and third. They are apparently planning to go heavy on offensive draft picks this year and don't need to rethink that strategy just because Greenwood moves on. If we get a first and third for him, then we will have an extra pick to use on a linebacker.

Imagine if Greenwood and Ogunleye both sign with someone else. We could have three picks in the first and third rounds! I don't think Greenwood is going anywhere, though.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I thought Greenwood played well last year. NO chance anyone will pay that for him, but I thought he held his own and may be improving steadily. Moore will prob replace Seau eventually (or move greenwood over then) and play cover downs for seau now. By the way, can we still tender wally for the same amount or does this change everything?

Seau doesn't play cover downs cuz the nickle back comes in.
Anyway, as far as i know, we can tender every RFA we have and the only restrictions there are would be on the franchise/transition tag/s.

Greenwood aint going nowhere for a 1st.

A third is a possibility though. He is 'proven' in this league i.e. he won't be a bust.

I like Teddy Lehman from Oklahoma. He would be a great fit for us.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Seau doesn't play cover downs cuz the nickle back comes in.
Anyway, as far as i know, we can tender every RFA we have and the only restrictions there are would be on the franchise/transition tag/s.
'

U are right about T buck:goof: Anyway thanks for the news on the tendering situation.:D

Originally posted by phinphanbill
The Phins are doing the smart thing by tendering Greenwood with a first and third. They are apparently planning to go heavy on offensive draft picks this year and don't need to rethink that strategy just because Greenwood moves on. If we get a first and third for him, then we will have an extra pick to use on a linebacker.

Imagine if Greenwood and Ogunleye both sign with someone else. We could have three picks in the first and third rounds! I don't think Greenwood is going anywhere, though.

I think you might have misread that. They're considering giving him a first round tender OR a third round tender. First and third together is out of the question.

good point. If they really want him I think they'll stick the 1st on him. I don't think another team would trade a #1 for him although the money wouldn't be an issue. If they just want a decent pick, they'll slap the #3 on him expecting a team to pick him up for that, as it's worth it for him IMO.

We wont get a first for Greenwood. I'll take a third though....

I think OLB M. Greenwood has been a disappointment thus far. He's been relatively invisible IMO. He wont be missed....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

we s/b tendering Greenwood - as a starting OLB who plays about 60% of the plays on D - at a first rd tender IMO. I would try to save the several 100K and risk losing him w/o a 3rd rder. We can just draft a new OLB with the #1 and start Moore or Hendricks if the pick is not ready

P.S. Greenwood is a decent enough player in our D I w/b glad to see him back

I think he's done a good job in his limited role and would like to see him back as well. At the same time, I think a 3rd rd pick is a fair trade for him. Good reminder about Moore coming off his foot injury. Hopefully he'll be ready to play and already know the system pretty well now, from a 'book' perspective. I'm not sure though if both hendricks and moore are good to go if we'd need to even draft another OLB....think I'd maybe put that 3rd rounder to work on the O somewhere as some picks will be good and some not so good....we need all we can this year to pick some help on Offense and dump the ones that don't pan out as we trim down the roster before the season starts.

What ever happened to Tolver or Newson......are they just not performing or something? Any idea or word on these guys?

Back
Top Bottom