Phins to keep 4 RBs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins to keep 4 RBs?

dockennylz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6577618.htm

After saying the team probably ''would not'' keep four running backs on the regular season roster earlier in the week, Dolphin coach Dave Wannstedt changed his stance a bit on Wednesday.

It was expected Robert Edwards and Leonard Henry would compete for the third and final spot behind Ricky Williams and Travis Minor. Now, however, both may make the team.

''I just want those guys to keep competing like they're competing and playing like they're playing,'' Wannstedt said. ``They're both doing a great job. We were talking the other day. We may keep all four of them. There's nothing written in stone that we couldn't or we wouldn't.''

• Wannstedt said his starters would likely play into the third quarter of Friday night's game against visiting Atlanta.

• Tim Ruddy will start at center, but Seth McKinney will receive work with the first unit.

• Wednesday's practice was the final chance for fans to watch practice. All remaining workouts are closed to the public

Finally they can stay in till the third quarter, i dont like it when i go to a preseason game and we only see ricky and the others for the first two series or so..
will friday's game be televised nationally?

First off, please don't post the entire text of an article. There are copyright laws that have to be adhered to and you're violating them by posting this.

Secondly, this may turn out to be a great move and one that could net the 'Fins a mid round draft choice from a RB desperate team towards the end of TC. The most likely candidate IMO, is our loyat trading partner the Saints. Granted, they have Deuce sitting there to run the show but behind him there is literally nothing. They need to add depth and a guy like Edwards would certainly provide some solid depth. Other teams to keep in mind are the Pats, Bears, Cowboys, and Eagles; all are or could be, in need of a RB some time soon.

I would take the Pats out of that list, because they have sammy morris, mcgahee , and henry and gary

I don't think there is a chance we'll keep 4 RB's + Rogers. This is an obvious attempt to put some pressure on trade talks. To combat the 'we'll just wait for one to be cut' argument.

Henry or Edwards will be gone.

Originally posted by Expo88
First off, please don't post the entire text of an article. There are copyright laws that have to be adhered to and you're violating them by posting this.

Secondly, this may turn out to be a great move and one that could net the 'Fins a mid round draft choice from a RB desperate team towards the end of TC. The most likely candidate IMO, is our loyat trading partner the Saints. Granted, they have Deuce sitting there to run the show but behind him there is literally nothing. They need to add depth and a guy like Edwards would certainly provide some solid depth. Other teams to keep in mind are the Pats, Bears, Cowboys, and Eagles; all are or could be, in need of a RB some time soon.

Do you think Wanny is doing this just for trade purposes, instead of just releasing a RB outright?

Originally posted by dolfans1988
I would take the Pats out of that list, because they have sammy morris, mcgahee , and henry and gary

That's Buffalo that has those players!!

The Pats Have Antwain Smith, JR Redmon, and Kevin Faulk.
I would take a healthy Robert edwards over Redmon and Faulk. Maybe even over Smith as he tends to be hot and cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhhhh, that would be the Bills. You know, they're the team that's up in New York, that has the Buffalo on the side of their red helmets, and lost the Super Bowl 4 times in a row. I know it's confusing considering they've both had Drew Bledsoe at QB but let's try to keep our division rivals straight shall we?

oh yeah my bad, i got mixed up.. my bad expo , Well the Pats do need a RB but not the bills..thanks dolfan4good

• Tim Ruddy will start at center, but Seth McKinney will receive work with the first unit.

This is key. I think this decision came partly in the wake of the Ted Washington signing. Prior to this they had said before that they were going to make the decision at C before the 3rd game. They released a depth chart, and looked like they were going to make the announcement that Ruddy edged out McKinney (I believe the Herald reported as much). Then Ted Washington goes to New England, and all the sudden its still open.

Thats us :cool:

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Do you think Wanny is doing this just for trade purposes, instead of just releasing a RB outright?

Yes. There would be no other reason to keep three RB's on the roster as backups. The only other explanation perhaps, is that Wanny genuinely considers all three as potential starters and doesn't want to see one of them on the other side of the field. I'm guessing it's the former as opposed to the latter.

Originally posted by Dude
I don't think there is a chance we'll keep 4 RB's + Rogers. This is an obvious attempt to put some pressure on trade talks. To combat the 'we'll just wait for one to be cut' argument.

That pretty much sums it up.

Easy CK. I don't think the Phins will base their starting center decision on playing two of sixteen games against Ted (10-15 plays a game) Washington.

Originally posted by Dude

I quit reading the post halfway through because this is exactly what I thought.

Thanks for quoting it Muck or I would have looked like a :dunce: again.

Back
Top Bottom