Phinz QB Situation Unclear..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz QB Situation Unclear.....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
It's a shame we're still uncertain of what our best option is a QB. It's so unclear right now, it even appears likely that J. Fiedler could return as our starter in 2004.....:cry:

First - There was QB M. Brunell. It appears that with the money / draft compensation the Redskins are offering Jacksonville for his services, we're all but out the race. We can't compete in the kind of bidding war that is going on for Brunell right now. Our best chance is for Brunell right now, is either to hope the Jaguars would take a lesser offer in terms of draft compensation, or that Brunell takes himself out of the Redskins running by saying he wont play there.....

Second - There were talks of a trade for QB P. Ramsey. This was only possible if the Redskins decided to sign QB M. Brunell. That would leave Ramsey out in the cold, and could make him demand a trade. The are the front runners to alnd ramsey if this senario falls into place. QB P. Ramsey would be the perfect fit in Miami, and could start immediately....

Third - There's QB D. Henson. He's been out of football for awhile, but form what I've heard, he did a fantastic job in try-outs last week. He will be tough to get IMO based on the numbers of teams interested. I'd like to think we have a better than average chance of landing him. He'd be a fine addition, and could be starting by mid-season IMO....

Fourth - There's the 2004 Draft. The top two QB's will be gone, but there's a good chance we'll be able to draft NC State QB P. Rivers at #20. This kid is going to be special. The only problem is that he wont be starting right away. He'll be forced to back-up for at least half a season decpending on how the team is doing at that time. If we go this route, and drfat him at #20, he'll more than likely be playing behind QB J. Fiedler....

Fifth - There's S. Rosenfels / R. Ray - Neither are known, but that doesn't mean they can't get the job done. Nobody knows how these two will look come Training Camp. If SR looks improved, he may even get a shot to compete for the starting spot. It all depends on what we do, and where we go from here.....

I think the safest senario would be to keep Fiedler {he knows the offense}, and too make sure we draft QB P. Rivers. We can't afford to keep Fiedler, and then miss out on Rivers, that would be devestating to our future at QB.

If I could have it my way, I'd have the Skinz sign Brunell. Then P. Ramsey could demand to be traded to Miami. The chances of this happening are very slim, so I'd stick wiht the safe senario for now.....

YES TO RIVERS!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

Actually the ideal scenario is that we sign Brunell, Skinz get Anthony Wright and then trades Ramsey to us and we draft Rivers.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Actually the ideal scenario is that we sign Brunell, Skinz get Anthony Wright and then trades Ramsey to us and we draft Rivers.

I highly doubt that a coach with three Super Bowl rings would do this.

I vote for Rivers to start right away, all he has to do is learn the playbook and he would be better then Fiedler. Rivers is more accurate then Fiedler, therefore would be better from the start then Fiedler.
:ban:Fiedler :hail:Rivers

Originally posted by DolphinzD

I highly doubt that a coach with three Super Bowl rings would do this.

Has nothing to do with Gibbs. Never said it was possible or even likely. Just that is was OUR ideal situation. :cool:

Has nothing to do with Gibbs. Never said it was possible or even likely. Just that is was OUR ideal situation. :cool:

:lol: Gotcha.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

:lol: Gotcha.

Well, wait a second, then. Isn't our ideal scenario Jim Irsay being caught in bed with Peyton Manning's wife and Manning signing with Miami out of spite? :)

our ideal scenario would be for Miami to get Eli Manning, he has a stronger arm then Peyton

My ideal scenerio:
Fiedler restructures and stays while the Dolphins draft Rivers.Fiedler doesn't mind competition unlike Brunell(Even though I think Brunell can play at high level).I think Rivers is too good to pass up because of an aging veteran doesn't want any competition(Brunell).

I have officialy jumped off Brunell bandwagon.

Last edited by a moderator:
On to the Rivers bandwagon:bandwagon

Best situation is Brunell at a discount as he wants to come here and appears to have declined the Wash offer. Then trade next years pick for Henson, he has all the tools and likes miami. Then get Clayton in the 1st round and fix the O line in FA.

So what our QB Depth Chart for next year is:

Brunell
Ramsey
Rivers

I don't think so. I would take Fiedler, Rivers, Sage for the first half of the season. Then when (not if) Jay gets injured Rivers takes the starting job.

In all honesty I think that this will be the best scenario, i also think it's the most likely.

Jay has proven that he can start a season well in this league. We could well get to 5-1 or something like that. Jay's done it before. He is a September/October QB. That suits us becuase our QB of the next 15 years (maybe 10 behind our Oline :D ) can come in.

I don't see many options other than Jay starting next year. I would accept him OR Brian at a discount Price. Brian has the bigger upside, and I'd hate to reward Jay for 4 years of mediocre play by letting him start AGAIN, but he might be our best chance...

THe only rookie I can see starting is Eli. It would take a lot of get him, but we could, and to be honest I think he could start right away. Rivers is more of a crap shoot. The only bone I have to pick with taking him at 20 is what if he's nto there at 20? Then we're totally SOL. I would rather pull the trigger and trade up to get Eli so we for SURE have our QB. In an ideal world we would KNOW that Rivers will drop to us..but this is far from ideal. I should hold judgement until we see where all the FA's end up, and what pick if any we get for Ogun.

I agree with Graythreat. If we pass up on Henson and assume we will be able to draft Rivers, and miss out on him. Our QB situation will be the same as this year.

Fiedler
Griese
Sage

I think both Griese and Fiedler would resign for cheap.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Rivers is more of a crap shoot. The only bone I have to pick with taking him at 20 is what if he's nto there at 20? Then we're totally SOL. I would rather pull the trigger and trade up to get Eli so we for SURE have our QB. In an ideal world we would KNOW that Rivers will drop to us..but this is far from ideal. I should hold judgement until we see where all the FA's end up, and what pick if any we get for Ogun.

That's a good point. Waiting around, hoping Rivers falls to us is a hige risk on our part....

I know the Steelers are looking hard at Rivers. They say they wont take him with their first pick, but you never know on draft day what will transpire....

I like the this depth chart though....

1. Fielder / Rivers
2. Rivers / Fiedler
3. Rosenfels

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Back
Top Bottom