Phinz QB Situation Unclear..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz QB Situation Unclear.....

I think that although a lot of people dislike Jay. The majority of phinfans would like the Fiedler/Rivers/Rosenfels depth chart.

I think it gives us the best realistic chance of winning next year. And it simple to pull off - Pick Rivers at 20

Originally posted by finsnchips
I think that although a lot of people dislike Jay. The majority of phinfans would like the Fiedler/Rivers/Rosenfels depth chart.

I think it gives us the best realistic chance of winning next year. And it simple to pull off - Pick Rivers at 20

It also saves us the most $$$ in the end....

Money we desperately need this off-season......

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:pirate:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
It's a shame we're still uncertain of what our best option is a QB. It's so unclear right now, it even appears likely that J. Fiedler could return as our starter in 2004.....:cry:

First - There was QB M. Brunell. It appears that with the money / draft compensation the Redskins are offering Jacksonville for his services, we're all but out the race. We can't compete in the kind of bidding war that is going on for Brunell right now. Our best chance is for Brunell right now, is either to hope the Jaguars would take a lesser offer in terms of draft compensation, or that Brunell takes himself out of the Redskins running by saying he wont play there.....

Second - There were talks of a trade for QB P. Ramsey. This was only possible if the Redskins decided to sign QB M. Brunell. That would leave Ramsey out in the cold, and could make him demand a trade. The are the front runners to alnd ramsey if this senario falls into place. QB P. Ramsey would be the perfect fit in Miami, and could start immediately....

Third - There's QB D. Henson. He's been out of football for awhile, but form what I've heard, he did a fantastic job in try-outs last week. He will be tough to get IMO based on the numbers of teams interested. I'd like to think we have a better than average chance of landing him. He'd be a fine addition, and could be starting by mid-season IMO....

Fourth - There's the 2004 Draft. The top two QB's will be gone, but there's a good chance we'll be able to draft NC State QB P. Rivers at #20. This kid is going to be special. The only problem is that he wont be starting right away. He'll be forced to back-up for at least half a season decpending on how the team is doing at that time. If we go this route, and drfat him at #20, he'll more than likely be playing behind QB J. Fiedler....

Fifth - There's S. Rosenfels / R. Ray - Neither are known, but that doesn't mean they can't get the job done. Nobody knows how these two will look come Training Camp. If SR looks improved, he may even get a shot to compete for the starting spot. It all depends on what we do, and where we go from here.....

I think the safest senario would be to keep Fiedler {he knows the offense}, and too make sure we draft QB P. Rivers. We can't afford to keep Fiedler, and then miss out on Rivers, that would be devestating to our future at QB.

If I could have it my way, I'd have the Skinz sign Brunell. Then P. Ramsey could demand to be traded to Miami. The chances of this happening are very slim, so I'd stick wiht the safe senario for now.....

YES TO RIVERS!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

i would have no problem with fiedler back as starter as long as he takes a cut [not restructure] AND we get Rivers. groom Rivers fast and easy so he can start when Fiedler goes down.

Originally posted by finsnchips

Why not switch Brunell for Jay? It would give us a chance next year.

My wish list at QB:

Rivers
Henson
Ramsey
Brunell......

In that order

If we draft a QB and He starts right away we are looking for trouble, It is very hard for a Rookie to come in and start day one and be successful!! I can't think of any that started right away and was great right away. There must be a learning curve! Look what Happened to Griese, he had problems at first with our O.

My Opinion:

Get rid of Jay
Resign B. Griese to a cap friendly # and have him compete with SAGE!
Draft Rivers

Griese, SAGE, Rivers + our D = Super Bowl

p.s. We still need to address our offensive line

Originally posted by dolphindew
If we draft a QB and He starts right away we are looking for trouble, It is very hard for a Rookie to come in and start day one and be successful!! I can't think of any that started right away and was great right away. There must be a learning curve! Look what Happened to Griese, he had problems at first with our O.

My Opinion:

Get rid of Jay
Resign B. Griese to a cap friendly # and have him compete with SAGE!
Draft Rivers

Griese, SAGE, Rivers + our D = Super Bowl

p.s. We still need to address our offensive line

you keep griese, you better be thinking Olinemen all the way and just forget WR, cus griese wont have time to crap his pants.

Originally posted by finfan54

you keep griese, you better be thinking Olinemen all the way and just forget WR, cus griese wont have time to crap his pants.

Yes, we need OL improvement for any senario to work effectively, but this is about QBs tho. :)

Back
Top Bottom