photo of Bob Heinz? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

photo of Bob Heinz?

elsquared

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi all - Would anyone out there know where I could get a photo of Bob Heinz, one of the Dolphins' defensive linemen in the 1970s? A simple scan sent by email would be perfect. (As far as I've been able to tell, Heinz never even had a football card issued.) Thanks for any help you can give me.

FYI from the Official Site

Heinz was the starting right tackle in all three Dolphins Super Bowls. He threw the final block on Dick Anderson's 62-yard touchdown interception return in the 1971 AFC Championship game against Baltimore. Heinz played in 109 games, recording 314 tackles, eleven sacks, two blocked field goals, and one fumble recovery in nine seasons with the Dolphins.

Quite a versatile player, huh. :) Here's one I found of him (on the right).

"Ya know it's true what they say... you MOD'S really are good for something". hee,hee,hee:chuckle:

now that was good reading. anyone know how old the article is?

Good Stuff. Thanks for sharing. I am a Dolphin history nut, so I always enjoy the old stories and recaps.

I have a Fins scrapbook from 72 with articles from the Post. Let me look through it and I'll let you know if I have something I can scan. Heinz was a good player;)

Excellent read. I love hearing the strategy of the old days. The "53 defense" and how it confused rival teams brought goosebumps to my arms. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom