Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

I didn't see the others but the batting of the ball was the correct call.

Sorry but I don't agree. The rule was put in to prevent Chuck Norris type kicking of a fumbled football. This was just a player trying to recover it and become a hero by scoring a TD (or at least recovering it).

Similiar to what JT did to your team in '09, just that Vernon wasn't as lucky to scoop it up and instead being a bumbling DE on a slip 'n slide. End of Story.

Here's the play against the Jets: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...c0a/WK-8-Can-t-Miss-Play-Taylor-fumble-return

Hey at least we were within 10 points of the other team, could be worse, like 40! That would be bad

way to deflect.

Sorry but I don't agree. The rule was put in to prevent Chuck Norris type kicking of a fumbled football. This was just a player trying to recover it and become a hero by scoring a TD (or at least recovering it).

Similiar to what JT did to your team in '09, just that Vernon wasn't as lucky to scoop it up and instead being a bumbling DE on a slip 'n slide. End of Story.

Here's the play against the Jets: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...c0a/WK-8-Can-t-Miss-Play-Taylor-fumble-return

he hit it forward to give his teammate a better chance to recover it.

How was that clip in any way like what happened on Sunday?

way to deflect.

Rules where the officials try to determine intent are absolutely stupid.

The funny thing is that on another forum I post on, even Patriots fans admit that it was a questionable call and at the very least shouldn't have resulted in a first down in the opposite direction for the Patriots. Of course you're so bullheaded and argue against anything Dolphins so obviously what you see is going to be biased. Of course you can sit here and smugly spout your bull**** while your team has directly benefited from two last minute calls that have allowed them to kick game winning field goals this year.

Rules where the officials try to determine intent are absolutely stupid.

The funny thing is that on another forum I post on, even Patriots fans admit that it was a questionable call and at the very least shouldn't have resulted in a first down in the opposite direction for the Patriots. Of course you're so bullheaded and argue against anything Dolphins so obviously what you see is going to be biased. Of course you can sit here and smugly spout your bull**** while your team has directly benefited from two last minute calls that have allowed them to kick game winning field goals this year.

It's not questionable though, it was the correct call. we can disagree w/ the rule(kind of like the tuck rule) but it is a rule and was properly enforced.

2 legitimate calls b/c our team played 60 minutes, we have also seen a ton go against us. if they don't give a ticky tack OPI call minutes earlier against NE that game doesn't even get to OT but we overcame.

I saw some awful calls in your favor at Indy, were you guys complaining?

There is no way you can determine that. Watch it again. His arm was fully extended reaching for the ball. I can't tell you if he was trying to bat it away or trying to pin the ball against the ground to bring it in. You can't tell me that either without being biased. If it is not blatantly obvious that the player is batting the ball down field, then it shouldn't have been called. It was an awful call. 1 of 4 that day.

You clearly have no basis for an argument, as usual. You pal are completely wrong.
I saw bits and pieces of the game flipping around, you had a 14 pt lead and lost by 10. I don't want to hear about refs. The biggest call of the game was a CORRECT one, I am not sure about the others but the biggest one was correct and you were outscored 24-0 in the 2nd half. Your team stinks right now, they have the potential to be very good but right now they are playing poorly and that is why you lost.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Um, no that's where you're wrong. First off unless you actually SAW the game (which your previous posts suggest you didn't), you're talking out of your you know what. 2nd, I did in fact see the game and the miscalls were nothing short of BLATANT BS! Again, I was watching the game with Patriots fans and even THEY said we got screwed. I'm here to tell you, those calls screwed us

This is typical

We are discussing ONE play. Once again your post has no basis for argument. Please continue on the topic if you a able. If not please leave the thread. Thank you
the officials prevented you from scoring in the 2nd half and gave NE 24 pts?

clearly you weren't good enough to overcome a bad call or 2.

way to deflect.

He was going full speed at it before he gets tripped up by Brady who was sprawling on the field. At that point he became a bumbling DE flying at it instead of being able to keep his feet and scoop it up ala JT.

The clip is to show you what would've happened (and I am sure was his intention) had he not gotten tripped up.

If anything, it should've been a tripping penalty on Brady because the replay looks like Brady intentionally kicks his feet up to trip and prevent Vernon from getting the ball.

I believe his right foot never touched the ground. His left foot was inbounds that was not the issue. The second body part to hit the ground was his left shoulder - out of bounce.

There is no way you can determine that. Watch it again. His arm was fully extended reaching for the ball. I can't tell you if he was trying to bat it away or trying to pin the ball against the ground to bring it in. You can't tell me that either without being biased. If it is not blatantly obvious that the player is batting the ball down field, then it shouldn't have been called. It was an awful call. 1 of 4 that day.

it sure looks like it and that is all the refs have to go on.

You clearly have no basis for an argument, as usual. You pal are completely wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

This is typical

No, you guys want to make excuses why you were outscored 24-0 in the 2nd half, I am dealing w/ reality. There are bad calls every game but the biggest one was the correct call.

Ignore getting shut out in the 2nd half and down 3 at midfield Tannehill making a boneheaded pass down the sideline that was picked, it was all the refs fault.

I just watched the replay, it is clear as day he is hitting it forward intentionally.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102703/2013/REG8/dolphins@patriots#menu=highlights&tab=recap

it sure looks like it and that is all the refs have to go on.

No, you guys want to make excuses why you were outscored 24-0 in the 2nd half, I am dealing w/ reality. There are bad calls every game but the biggest one was the correct call.

Ignore getting shut out in the 2nd half and down 3 at midfield Tannehill making a boneheaded pass down the sideline that was picked, it was all the refs fault.

I just watched the replay, it is clear as day he is hitting it forward intentionally.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102703/2013/REG8/dolphins@patriots#menu=highlights&tab=recap

I'm not sure how it is clear as day to you. He is falling to the ground over Brady with his arm fully extended. What is so obvious that makes it clear that he is purposely batting the ball backwards as opposed to trying to scoop it back towards his body? In his position, the motion for either would be the same. In that situation, that is the wrong call to make. That is not to make excuses. It is dealing in reality.

he pushes his arm forward, it's not even debatable. Look at that clip.

he pushes his arm forward, it's not even debatable. Look at that clip.

You couldn't be more wrong. His arm is fully extended and ends up underneath his face mask after reaching for the ball. If he pushed his arm forward like you claim, it would not have ended up under his helmet like it did. It would have still been extended away from his body.

Back
Top Bottom