Pick a Hurricane in the 2nd round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pick a Hurricane in the 2nd round

kpcane

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If Jon Beason and Brandon Meriweather were both available in the 2nd round, which would you pick? Or would you leave both on the board?

I'd go with Beason...he's a hard worker with a lot of passion, and he fills a need at OLB. I think we'd be lucky to get either, and I'm not sure if either would fall.

I would go with Beason also, but it would be a tuff choice.Definitely I would take one of the two.

I'm not sure what type of grade Beason has as far as round heading into the draft, but I can say he is a very good player who shows great passion for the game.

I am not sure which i want most, a bust wideout, a safety that is in and out of court, maybe a qb that isnt good enough for arena. I guess they produce linebackers. Hopefully it wont be one of the 45 guys that was suspended last year in the brawl.

I wouldnt be dissapointed with either of them in the second but I think Beason has much better value at #40. I'd prefer Michael Griffin if we were to go safety in the second round.

Yea, i would take neither. I would take Merriweather before Beason, but I'd prefer neither. Much better players will be available. Beason was very underwhelming at the combine.

meriweather if we dont get landry in first round ( *get landry if quinn is gone*), if we do get landry then beason

I am not sure which i want most, a bust wideout, a safety that is in and out of court, maybe a qb that isnt good enough for arena. I guess they produce linebackers. Hopefully it wont be one of the 45 guys that was suspended last year in the brawl.

I never said anything about Ryan Moore, but he's produced when he's been on the field...wouldn't say he's a bust, just hasn't been healthy enough

Secondly, we don't have any QB's in the draft, so um...yeah.

You want to know what the U produces? 6 first rounders in 2004 (yeah that's the most ever) 12 consecutive years - soon to be 13 - with a first round pick (yeah, also a record). So maybe when you think of something original you can make another thoughtful post.

Yea, i would take neither. I would take Merriweather before Beason, but I'd prefer neither. Much better players will be available. Beason was very underwhelming at the combine.

I've seen both in the first round in different mocks...who do you think is "much better" than Meriweather in the second?? He's definitely first round talent.

I've seen both in the first round in different mocks...who do you think is "much better" than Meriweather in the second?? He's definitely first round talent.

Merriweather may be first round talent, but there is questionable character and maturity that could push him down.

Better talent that might be there at 40:
Spencer-DE Blalock-OG Grubbs-OG Staley-OT Crowder-DE Rice-WR Ugoh-T
Puz-OLB Timmons-OLB Abimiari-DE McCauley-CB
Ross-CB

Merriweather may be first round talent, but there is questionable character and maturity that could push him down.

Better talent that might be there at 40:
Spencer-DE Blalock-OG Grubbs-OG Staley-OT Crowder-DE Rice-WR Ugoh-T
Puz-OLB Timmons-OLB Abimiari-DE McCauley-CB
Ross-CB

The character and maturity questions are unfounded. The only times he's gotten in trouble is when he's been sticking up for his teammates. Sorry, but I view that as a good thing (although I think he should have reacted differently in the brawl).

I haven't been following the draft too much so far...but if "Puz" is Posluzny, keep dreaming with him being available that late. Heck, I'd pick him over Beason and Meriweather, I don't think he'll be available though. And I thought Rice was supposed to be in the late teens to twenties.

The character and maturity questions are unfounded. The only times he's gotten in trouble is when he's been sticking up for his teammates. Sorry, but I view that as a good thing (although I think he should have reacted differently in the brawl).

I haven't been following the draft too much so far...but if "Puz" is Posluzny, keep dreaming with him being available that late. Heck, I'd pick him over Beason and Meriweather, I don't think he'll be available though. And I thought Rice was supposed to be in the late teens to twenties.

That's why i said 'might be there at #40.' Rice could very well slip that far, even if he grades out as a mid-late 1st.

There are a couple of need players that might be around when the Dolphins pick in the 2nd round that are graded higher than Beason..

Lawrence Timmons, Joe Staley, Tony UgOh..

Beason didn't really impress me.. he's 6 feet, a bit smaller than youd like at linebacker in a 3-4.. doesn't have that great of quickness.. I just don't seem him being an impact player like we need.

We will have to wait and see.. Id like to get two DAY ONE starters out of the first day of our draft..

Back
Top Bottom