Pick our poison | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pick our poison

Originally posted by weeds
Speaking of DB's: Who has the most interceptions in the last year and a half? Darren Sharper, SS, Green Bay Packers w/ 18.

Incorrect. 18 over the last TWO and a half years.

Still good though.

Originally posted by Squirrel
He MAY be 7 - 3 as a starter, but evidently he is not consistent enough to get the starting QB role where ever he goes.

Didn't he miss a couple of practices this past bye week? Forgot why though.

I can fully understand why you want him to improve his performance from the last game, but I would not expect him to come out like a MVP either.

Excellent point DownUnder. :lol:

The comment i was replying to had nothing to do with consistency, if you stick this line right in front of my post, It makes a world of sense
"... and Ray Lucas wins the game!!!" yeah, right.
Come on.....are you going to tell me that Ray Lucas is no better than what he showed last game? The man IS 7-3 as a starter in this league, right? Let's not write him off for one lousy game.
see how naturally that flows.......;);) ;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
The comment i was replying to had nothing to do with consistency, if you stick this line right in front of my post, It makes a world of sense
see how naturally that flows.......;);) ;)

My bad inFINSible. I mistook your intent. Thats what happens when I post before my second cup of coffee. Is it Monday yet?

:lol: NP.........and please DON't use the "M" word, it's offensive to my ears.;):lol:

Originally posted by Squirrel
But Barbarian, Jay isn't playing Monday is he? :confused: World of difference between Jay and Ray.

Isn't Jay suppose to be back in a couple of weeks? His cast should be coming off soon, and then he will just have to get the strength back in the hand which should not take long.

Somebody asked if ANYBODY had ever played a game that bad and came back to win the following week, they didn't ask if Lucas ever did... I answered the question asked... geez Squirrel, pay attention okay?;)

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
you're comparing a CB#'s to a FS #'s ? hmmm wow :sleep:

Nope, you just said what DB... not what safety... both guys are DB's, thus it's a valid comparison. And anyways, I wasn't even really comparing just your FS to our CB because theres no comparison, I was comparing him to ALL DB's and over the past 5 years he's played better than any of them.

His (Thrown At / INT's) ratio is over double what anybody elses is over the past 5 seasons.

But thank you for playing. :goof:

Originally posted by Barbarian
Somebody asked if ANYBODY had ever played a game that bad and came back to win the following week, they didn't ask if Lucas ever did... I answered the question asked... geez Squirrel, pay attention okay?;)

When was the last time you saw a squirrel pay attention? :lol:

Yeah yeah, I know the initial question was vague and I noted how you mentioned Jay. While I know Jay is quite capable of rebounding from a crappy game the same can not be said about Ray.

And since Ray is the one playing, not Jay (Geez this Ray/Jay thing can get confusing ;) ) your stating what Jay can do is really a moot point. Maybe Jay will let Ray wear his lucky socks and Ray will have a better game. Maybe this time he will throw only 3 picks instead of 4. :goof:

I think Dolphins should come out firing with their first offensive play being play action deep post past to Chambers.Green Bya defense will have to respect Lucas or first play screen play to Ricky...

Originally posted by minus
I think Dolphins should come out firing with their first offensive play being play action deep post past to Chambers.Green Bya defense will have to respect Lucas or first play screen play to Ricky...
And if/when the post route gets picked off??

There really is no question here. We grind it out on offense, take a couple shots downfield in the right situations. On defense, STOP AHMAN GREEN. Wanna know what makes Favre good, and what makes him great? A running game. Take that away, and what do you have? 6 INTS against the Rams last season. Its as simple as that. If we get an early lead or shut down the run, just take Green out of the game, it plays into our favor. Favre takes chances to win games, we need to make him take those chances, and hopefully capitalize on a few of them......

I kind of see both teams having a similar game plan. Stop the run. Force the QB's to win in the air. While Favre is better the Lucas, our DB's are better then the Packers have. So in some weird way, it kind of even's out.

So I think its going to come down to who's offensive line works harder and wins in the trenches.

Originally posted by IceStorm
While Favre is better the Lucas, our DB's are better then the Packers have. So in some weird way, it kind of even's out.
Yeah, I think there will be a certain amount of stuffing the line all night to stop both teams featured running back, BUT,
Surely you can't say that your DB's are "better" than theirs, in the same manner as, Favre is "better" than Lucas??

The DB's bit is debatable, with the advantage to Miami, but there's no debate on the fact that Favre is easily superior to Lucas!

If you need a QB to win a game WITHOUT any help from the running game, who would you prefer as your QB??:eek:

Back
Top Bottom