picks Vs. Schemes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

picks Vs. Schemes

Hagan82

Starter
Reaction score
With the schemes we are going to run on O and D (ST I think is covered pretty well..lol), what first day picks are going to match our schemes. From what I understand we will only have players on our draft board that fit our schemes...in essence, a small draft board. We will not take the best players, but the best players that fit what we do.

So since I understand we will be primarily a man blocking team, what top ten Oline guys fit that? I understand Jake Long has played both and is best in man.

WR: Big bodies ( I think we take one in the first 4 rounds to get rid of Hagan by the way...just a feeling I have)

DB's: I understand a lot of zone, and I assume guys that can hit so a Brandon Flowers looks like he would fit.

LB's: Aside from the big and fast I read about, what other qualities does this staff like?

I think I understand what they want in DL, big space eating NT's and DE's that can occupy tackles.

Any deeper insight into schemes and prospects that fit would be appreciated.

I think we move out of 32 (down) and get another 3rd and maybe move down a bit again if we can get similar value...unless someone special drops to us..but that might provide more leverage in a move or two.

Back
Top Bottom