PK Sam to Patriots.....I GIVE UP! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PK Sam to Patriots.....I GIVE UP!

I don't mind the pick...just wonder why not Arnold Parker?? I wonder why Parker is sliding. :confused:

At this point in the draft, we the fans are completely unfamilar with most of the remaning players. To compensate, we lock in on the players we DO know, even though we are entirely uninformed about the talent thats left. I remember how everyone complained fiercely two years ago when we drafted Randy McMichael instead of Miami Hurricane Guard Martin Bibla :rolleyes:

Lets give RS and his staff the benefit of the doubt befiore we chastize them for second day picks that we cannot conceivably judge at this point in time.

Surferosa said:
Both Sammy and Freeman are FA's at the ned of the year. Antwan Edwards is an unknown commodity becasuse hes always injured. Safety is a priority.

I thought Freeman signed like a 4 year deal. Do you mean Edwards?

Section126 said:
Am I missing something or did we not pick up Chris Akins?

You may be missing something. We can't tell for sure though. Maybe make an appointment with your Doctor. Oh, and yes we do have Akins. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking the best guy on the board is bull crap. Can you seriously say to me that Bua is rated higher than Shivers? Bua is rated higher on our board than Butler? You pick the guy who's number one on your board regardless of position. Then you sort out who makes the team and who doesn't after that.

Roderick Green, Shivers, Butler, Sam, and several others you would certainly assume would be rated higher than this guy.

It appears to me that Speilman is going need over value.

Surferosa said:
I remember how everyone complained fiercely two years ago when we drafted Randy McMichael instead of Miami Hurricane Guard Martin Bibla :rolleyes:

I literally screamed out yes when we drafted McMichael.

I firmly believe in the later rounds you completely take players with upside and athletic ability to shine more than overachiever types. Sometimes this works out with guys like Zach.

Usually you get Heupel, Crowell, Leverette, Williams etc. etc.

FG...I'd say you're right...the only player you listed that I think is better than Bua is Shivers....What's your point ?? Look, players at this level are crap shoots. We have to take RS and his department's word since they are the guys that have actually seen these guys...not us...

PhinsmissedFG said:
I literally screamed out yes when we drafted McMichael.

I firmly believe in the later rounds you completely take players with upside and athletic ability to shine more than overachiever types. Sometimes this works out with guys like Zach.

Usually you get Heupel, Crowell, Leverette, Williams etc. etc.

You were probably one of the few. Whoever was here back then can vouch for me - this place was in a frenzy when we drafted MchMichael. Who is he? What are they doing? etc...

good times :lol:

PhinsmissedFG said:
Picking the best guy on the board is bull crap. Can you seriously say to me that Bua is rated higher than Shivers? Bua is rated higher on our board than Butler? You pick the guy who's number one on your board regardless of position. Then you sort out who makes the team and who doesn't after that.

Roderick Green, Shivers, Butler, Sam, and several others you would certainly assume would be rated higher than this guy.

I think they were expecting Shivers to fall a couple more picks, which he almost did. Bua and Shivers are similar so maybe they were willing to take the risk. Butler is the only one that I think I would have wanted more, but I didn't scout these guys like they did so I am in no position to make that assessment or criticize their judgement.

PhinsmissedFG said:

Yeah that is why we got Poole in the FOURTH!!! :shakeno:

Phins34 said:
P.K. will go to the pro bowl, just like anquan whom we passed on

But it's tough to lay blame on the Phins with Chris Chambers and David Boston in the mix. WR was a huge need last year. And we dropped the ball. This year we're stacked and have yet to take a receiver.

Plus, Sam isn't rated nearly as high as Boldin was. He went Round 2.

eltos_lightfoot said:
Yeah that is why we got Poole in the FOURTH!!! :shakeno:

I love that pick btw.

When I said it appeared he was going need over value I was referring to teh Bua pick. Are there really that many Phin fans that are such homers they get offended if someone doesn't like their pick?

PhinsmissedFG said:
I love that pick btw.

When I said it appeared he was going need over value I was referring to teh Bua pick. Are there really that many Phin fans that are such homers they get offended if someone doesn't like their pick?

I wasn't offended. I was just pointing out that your statement was not accurate. Gotta take the potential good with the potential bad was my implied point.

Back
Top Bottom