Playcalling? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playcalling?

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
What exactly has been the deal with playcalling? Anyone got any insider information in this? Has Wannstedt been screwing up and trying to influence Norv?

I'm convinced Turner isnt actually calling the plays, but it's really some sort of horrible, mocking parody of Norv Turner. It could possibly look like a zombie.

I mean, how many Counters have we seen this season? Two off the top of my head I can remember. How many reverses? The Giants game was the last time we actually had any creative calling.

I dont know whats up either... Is it 100% Norv calling the plays?? or does Wanny have some influence.. I am really surprise the 4 receiver set hasnt been called yet..

I think that would spread out the D and give Ricky more room to run..

I'm concerned. Who is it who would be in change of helping out Wade Smith? Why is it we see our offense stagnating? I mean, why arent we calling some of our traditional mainstays? It cant be because we're unable to perform them properly. That sure as hell isnt a problem with some other plays.

Originally posted by Jeep
I dont know whats up either... Is it 100% Norv calling the plays?? or does Wanny have some influence.. I am really surprise the 4 receiver set hasnt been called yet..

I think that would spread out the D and give Ricky more room to run..

I don't know...

4 receivers set means one less blocker. Considering we can't block anyone, our QB would be kill by a blitz.

But the opposing teams could be fooled too since we haven't run it...

Originally posted by Disgustipate
What exactly has been the deal with playcalling? Anyone got any insider information in this? Has Wannstedt been screwing up and trying to influence Norv?

I'm convinced Turner isnt actually calling the plays, but it's really some sort of horrible, mocking parody of Norv Turner. It could possibly look like a zombie.

I mean, how many Counters have we seen this season? Two off the top of my head I can remember. How many reverses? The Giants game was the last time we actually had any creative calling.

it's not the actual play calling that bums me out as it is that we just use the same old bland formations time after time.

How many times have we seen someone move from tight end to fullback, or the reverse, and back again? That's not throwing anyone off, Norv.

I mean, how many Counters have we seen this season?

You've seen them....

You just didn't recognize them because they gained a yard or lost yardage.

Linebackers have been filling those holes..

Haven't you heard?

We can't pass...........

How many times have we seen someone move from tight end to fullback, or the reverse, and back again? That's not throwing anyone off, Norv.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Another conspiracy theory..People we are going to be fine. We will beat the Titans on Sunday and everything will be back to normal..

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Another conspiracy theory..People we are going to be fine. We will beat the Titans on Sunday and everything will be back to normal..

When someone sees or mentions a weakness, just how is that a conspiracy theory? :)

Originally posted by DeDolfan
When someone sees or mentions a weakness, just how is that a conspiracy theory? :)

What weakness?

The weakness that we cannot block four down lineman for 3.5 seconds to complete a pass...

Is that related to playcalling?

In what way?

I've seen plenty of play action..

No offense but a Draw or Reverse is a stupid call when you constantly face eight in the box..

Is there something else Norv can do? Please, I'm all ears...

I think Norv would be too?:D

Re: Re: Playcalling?

Originally posted by ZOD

You've seen them....

You just didn't recognize them because they gained a yard or lost yardage.

Linebackers have been filling those holes..

Haven't you heard?

We can't pass...........

Actually, our passing has been decent when Griese has time. If we protect, we can complete.

And, NE did the same thing with Denver - bringing 8-9 guys up to the line - but Denver was still able to open holes (Portis gained over 100 yards) - and Denver didn't even have a real QB playing.

I guarantee you, if we had a good OL, this offense would be working. We'd be running the ball and the QB would have time to throw the ball. We have the skill position talent to get it done decently enough - there simply is no OL blocking.

It's a two-fold problem:

If we pass, we expose the OL's weakness in pass blocking.
If we run, we expose the OL's weakness in run blocking.

Pick your poison.

The play calling has been too conservative - too many runs on 1st down. However, it did change in the last game. But, the problem is, when you have a soft and horrific OL - it doesn't matter who's calling the plays.

Originally posted by ZOD

What weakness?

The weakness that we cannot block four down lineman for 3.5 seconds to complete a pass...

Is that related to playcalling?

In what way?

I've seen plenty of play action..

No offense but a Draw or Reverse is a stupid call when you constantly face eight in the box..

Is there something else Norv can do? Please, I'm all ears...

I think Norv would be too?:D

Not playcalling, but coaching has an effect. We do no stunts. Everything is just the same old vanilla schemes. Catches alot of folx off guard, huh?
anything is pretty much stupid if we can't block. That's what I said about spotting a weakness. Has nothing to do with a conspiracy!! ;)

Suggesting that Norv's not actually calling the plays is a conspiracy theory in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom