Player development from last year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player development from last year

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We all knew Miami had a ton of holes to fill. Not in any particular order, they were to be filled through the draft, free agency, trades, and players that potentially can be organically developed into starter-type quality. I'd like to focus on this, and find out who do you think from last year could not only be a warm body, but fill in holes we have, to the point we won't have to address this next year in the draft or free agency? I'm going to name a few that I think could fill this role, however, because it isn't many, I believe this slows us down from being an elite team. This is where I am hoping Flores can be a magician:

1.Vince Biegel
2. Taco Charlton
3. Nick Needham
4. Andrew Van Ginkel
5. Shaq Calhoun

Based on my list I still have concerns at DT and being able to stop the run. I also am concerned about TE and Safety.

What's going on with Taco? Is he still under contract? I'd really love to see him again for us next year.

I am not a fan of Calhoun at all. Don't want him around. No thanks.

We all knew Miami had a ton of holes to fill. Not in any particular order, they were to be filled through the draft, free agency, trades, and players that potentially can be organically developed into starter-type quality. I'd like to focus on this, and find out who do you think from last year could not only be a warm body, but fill in holes we have, to the point we won't have to address this next year in the draft or free agency? I'm going to name a few that I think could fill this role, however, because it isn't many, I believe this slows us down from being an elite team. This is where I am hoping Flores can be a magician:

1.Vince Biegel
2. Taco Charlton
3. Nick Needham
4. Andrew Van Ginkel
5. Shaq Calhoun

Based on my list I still have concerns at DT and being able to stop the run. I also am concerned about TE and Safety.

The safeties didn't look bad - Hartage, I've forgotten the others. I'm not expecting starters, but backups and ST

Steven Parker was a guy that came out of nowhere and played well when called upon.

The bar was set so low that anything of substance from guys like Parker, Needham, and even briefly Eguavoen was a nice surprise. I do think showing the ability to get production from end of roster types is a really good sign from this coaching staff. The ability to replace injured players and free agent departures from within is how franchises can continue to contend over the long run.

Deceptively tall at 6'4", Andrew Van Ginkel is a guy who was unlucky to miss so much of the last season with injury, but looked good when given limited opportunities towards the end of season. Coach Flores now has his most versatile defensive guy in Kyle Van Noy now on the Dolphins roster. Van Noy probably understands precisely what Flores is trying to do with this defense and I expect him to be a leader from the get-go. Good chance than Van Ginkel learns from Van Noy and becomes another really versatile piece of the puzzle. Yes, I expect both of the Dutch boys to contribute.

I'm interested to see Jennings in camp. I'm hoping he takes a step forward and moves into the 4th receiver position.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there will be an off-season this year like we’ve always had. That’ll certainly damper how much progress the players would normally make, but all the other teams are in the same boat. It’s a detriment to all the other 31 teams, not just us.

The cancellation of OTAs will hurt n the ability to make assessments on the development of some of these players prior to the draft ... though not a significant issue for us since our needs won’t necessarily change ..

QB, T, S, G/C, DT ....

Taco probably gone. Doubt he’s on the team come September

I agree. Taco was a healthy scratch, the last couple games of the season. Think I remember reading he got full of himself and ended up in Flores doghouse.

Van Ginkel's ability to cover the flats was impressive. He seemed to be very assignment sound and played better than expected. His continued development is something to keep an eye on.

Hartage, Colbert, Needham and Parker all grew into adequate players by years end. What they did against New England in the final game of the season was hard not to notice. They played extremely well. If these kids continue with their growth and development, Miami could have an extremely talented secondary.

Seiler was a huge surprise late in the season. He's got enormous potential. I hope he can develop into something special. Ledbetter needs to stay healthy. He's got a lot of potential as well. Miami still needs a Run Stopping DT, but both Seiler and Ledbetter have the ability to lessen the need if they continue to grow.

Back
Top Bottom