Players and Coaches hate the dirt infield also | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players and Coaches hate the dirt infield also

*Mods, this is not smack, just an observation*

You would think that being the home team, the Dolphins would have learned to compensate and adjust to the field conditions (that have existed for years, BTW) so that you can use them to your advantage.

Comments ?

Originally posted by Chauncey
*Mods, this is not smack, just an observation*

You would think that being the home team, the Dolphins would have learned to compensate and adjust to the field conditions (that have existed for years, BTW) so that you can use them to your advantage.

Comments ?

Thers no getting used to it. Many teams play on dirt infields, and I have yet to hear one single team that doesn't hate it. And rightfully so.
Theres no advantage to be had with the dirt infield, just a hazard for both teams.

Another question...

If it affects your team so badly, your early season record doesn't show it. Aren't the Dolphins famous for kicking butt in the early season (when the infield's in place for baseball season) and then fading down the stretch (when baseball season's been long over) ?

I would say it's actually a competitive advantage for you guys, assuming you have coaching that can take advantage of it.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Baseball Infield

Guess we aren't the only ones that think the infield has to go.

Tis why I am rooting against the Marlins to make the playoffs.
The Fins ARE S. Florida, they are what gives the anemic S. FL. sports scene kick, not the Marlins! The fact that the team itself is acknoledging the problems of the dirt infield makes me want them out even more!

Another question...

If it affects your team so badly, your early season record doesn't show it. Aren't the Dolphins famous for kicking butt in the early season (when the infield's in place for baseball season) and then fading down the stretch (when baseball season's been long over) ?

I would say it's actually a competitive advantage for you guys, assuming you have coaching that can take advantage of it.

No one is blaming it for losing records.
They are simply pointing out that the surface is unnecesarily changed to make it a disadvantage and an injury risk for BOTH teams that are playing on it. Reading too much into this Chauncey.

Another question...

Actually, if you read the article, you would see that the coaches change their play-calling depending on whether they are in the dirt or the grass.

The whole preseason you have seen every team that has played at JRS run there offense away from the dirt. Kind of sucks that it shrinks the field and makes that Redzone Even smaller! Wonder if coachecs will take that Into consideration as to what side of the field to choose during Toin coss?

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Baseball Infield

Guess we aren't the only ones that think the infield has to go.

This is a GREAT and IMPORTANT article that gives a wake-up call to the stadium officals, teams officals, and the FANS.

Finally, THANK YOU WANNSTEDT, for speaking out about the infield dirt. Allthough no one can say the infield is 100% to blame for a home loss, it DOES hurt our players, other teams players, causes non-contact injuries, and is detrimental to a player's intincts while playing. Joe Robbie did not build a stadium with his own money to have the Fins sharing a stadium with a baseball team, especially if they don't have the money to remove the infield dirt during Dolphin home games.

Chauncy: As a bills fan that you are, obviously you did not read the entire article. Since you believe one should become accustomed to the hardened infield dirt, why don't you tell the Bills NOT to use the snow plow when it snows on their field, and let them become "accustomed" to it. Thats exactly what its like saying. Plastic cleats (not metal) do not go together with any of those types of conditions. You'll hurt yourself.

Again, my key point is assuming you have the coaching to take advantage of it.

A smart coach would have plays designed to leave CB's & DB's spinning their wheels in the dirt as the ball carrier blows by them.

A smart coach adjusts plays for conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

A smart coach would have plays designed to leave CB's & DB's spinning their wheels in the dirt as the ball carrier blows by them.

Apparently you just do not pay attention at all.
The biggest issue is that it is a danger to ALL players... on both sides of the ball. When you play us and the dirt infield is still there, If Drew Bledsoe blows his knee out planting on the dirt infield with his cleats designed for grass we'll be sure to remind you that your coaches should have planned better. :rolleyes:

What aren't you getting? IT AFFECTS BOTH TEAMS! Your WR could easily slip as their DB could. .

Very good article. Bravo Armando Salguero... :)

Again you did not read the ENTIRE article.... :D

Wanny DID say he has plays designed for his team when they are playing in the dirt as opposed to the grass to accomodate for loss traction, he specifically said he did not want to discuss any further becuase that would give too much info to other teams. Regardless of play-design, a non-contact inury can still happen to both sides of the ball.

Please read the entire article before making comments.

Back
Top Bottom