players grades at the halfway point. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

players grades at the halfway point.

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'll start with the offence.
QB-Jay-He did some good things when he was playing but he didn't have enough TD's and missed too many open receivers.Grade-C
Griese-Is hard after only 2 games but I'll try. He's been hitting the recievers when he's have the time.No int's but 2 costly fumbles(in one he was blind sided and in the other one didn't have much time either).I think he's done pretty good considering the play of the o-line. Grade-B
RB-Ricky-He's trying but is probably tired of getting hit right at the LOS or even before he gets there. Last year tho,he made some great things happen on his own that he's not doing this year. Again, maybe he's tired or tired of getting hit so fast.Grade-B
Minor-he's been a good change of pace and I always wonder why don't they play him more.Grade-B
Konrad-I think he's blocking better than anyone on the o-line and he's getting a few passes too.Grade B-
TE-Randy-Hard to ask the guy to do any more. He's catching everything coming his way and he's blocking his butt off. Grade-A
LT-Smith-I can't judge him only for his last game(a nitemare)but rather for the first 8 games of his 1st season. I think he's gonna be a good player but needs to get some lbs on his frame and get more expirience gradeC
LG-Nails-I said many times that he wasn't gonna be ready foropening day and he's shown everyone that he's not ready. The guy can't even pull, forcing us to run Ricky inside all the time.Grade D
Ruddy-Another season for him where he's not been horribly but not great either. I'm surprised again that they're not playing Seth a lot more.Grade-C
RG-Perry-Another let down after a fine season a year ago. Last year he had the key block in at least 4 of Ricky's long runs. This year he hasn't have any that I can think of. Grade-C-
RT-Wade,Hard to believe that he's talking big money when he hasn't gotten any better. Grade-B-
WR's. Chambers, he's really come on and made the catches but needs help on the other side(just like last year)Grade-B+
Mcknight-He's done ok for the little he's played.Should be starting now imo. Grade-B-
Thompson-I'll make it short. Grade-D
BTW,I'd like to see Tolver out there.
MARE-Costed us a game. Grade-C

DL-O-gun-He's on pace for 14 or 15 sacks and is playing the run well. Grade-A
Chester-He's been our best run stopper this year and we missed him in the colts game.Grade-B+
Timbo-Steady as always but out played by Chester this yea. Grade-B
Taylor-He's been double team plenty but he's also been MANHANDLE a lot one on one. Pitts did it to him and Glen did it to him too. One of his most unproductive seasons ever. I love the guy that is just a fact that we need this guy back in the 2nd half of the season for us to have a chance.Grade-C(I'm sure I'll hear it for this grade)
Greenwood-same as last year, maybe a little better-grade-C
Zack-trying his heart off as always.Grade-A
Seau-Our best pick up and playing fine too-Grade-A
Sir-tan-The best corner in the NFL?Could be-Grade-A
Madison-Good season for him too but not as good as Pat's. Grade-B
Marion-He's been ok and has played the run pretty good but nothing great in the pass game-Grade-B-
kNIGHT-Ok so far but nothing spectacular. Grade-C+

Coaching? that's another thread and I don't have the time.

Hard to believe that our best 2 D-linemne have been the 2 that haven't been to the probowl.Sorry about the mispellings but I was in a hurry.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

I think Sammy Knight deserves a better grade. His contributions in the run game (combined with Junior's) reflect in our #1 ranking. And you see little if any passes completed around him (aside from he and Brock vs Troy Brown).

We don't see much from him on TV. But it doesn't look like QBs are attacking him either. That leads me to believe that he's consistently been in position (although I couldn't tell you because I can't see downfield on TV :( ).

Also, I think Madison is having a tremendous season. Aside from shutting down just about everything he's faced, he has stepped way up in the run game and is tackling very well. He's not having a standout statistical season (INTs) like Pat. But he's having a damn good one. They are pretty much even in passes defended and tackles. Plus Sam has two key forced fumbles.

I agree though that Pat is probably the best CB in the league right now.

Yeah Knight deserve better. He's one of our top tacklers.

Greenwood deserve a B. He's doing his job and he had a great game when Seau was out.

Originally posted by Muck
Also, I think Madison is having a tremendous season. Aside from shutting down just about everything he's faced, he has stepped way up in the run game and is tackling very well. He's not having a standout statistical season (INTs) like Pat. But he's having a damn good one. They are pretty much even in passes defended and tackles. Plus Sam has two key forced fumbles.

I agree though that Pat is probably the best CB in the league right now.

madison has played better than in the recent past. If he would/could ONLY tackle !!! :cry: :eek:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Coaching: F
but don't worry, cause our coaches scored lower than that

What would that be, an F-? :lol:

Madison not tackling??? I remember a fewwww good hits from him this year!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
Madison not tackling??? I remember a fewwww good hits from him this year!!

Damn few! He reminds me of Dieon Sanders so much in that dept.
Surtain is mech better at tackling and will put his shoulder down on them where Sam just tries to flap at them with his arms. Looks like a wounded ibis out there at times !! :lol: :lol:

For what I can see most of you agree with Taylor getting only a C. I can see where maybe I was a little hard on Knight, sometimes not hearing your name in a game is a good thing. As for Sam, I agree that he's playing well but not maybe not at an A pace yet but I could be wrong. Anyone has any coment on Taylor's year so far tho?

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Taylor deserves more like a B- IMO. He was an A+++ last year, but has disappeared this year. I agree it is not all because of double-teams but he seems to be a bit slower this year :(

nice job :up:

Coaching: N
For nonexsistant.

O-Coordination: D-
Norv Turner did an alright job last week but lets face it. This week he'll be back to the 'run up the middle on first down' game.

D-coordination: B-
I dont got anything to complain about and I also dont see anything I really like. I think its our players who deserve all the credit on our D.

Special teams: A-
We had the #1 best punt coverage in the league (may still do) and if it hadnt been for Mare I woulda given him an A. Mare is a good kick off kicker (most safetys in league) but I agree its time for him to go. Turk well since Turk was a Skin I cant say anything good about him (I cant stand Redskins)

oh and Offensive Line. F-

Taylor C+ and maybe a B- (i like ugunleye and focus on him when watching the game)

Originally posted by Danny
For what I can see most of you agree with Taylor getting only a C. I can see where maybe I was a little hard on Knight, sometimes not hearing your name in a game is a good thing. As for Sam, I agree that he's playing well but not maybe not at an A pace yet but I could be wrong. Anyone has any coment on Taylor's year so far tho?

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Taylor's play so far has been solid, IMO. With that, I mean that while he's not getting the sacks via dbl teams and such, he is at least holding his own. He cuts the outside off well and is invaluable in chasing down runners from teh other side, etc. i give him a solid B.

Back
Top Bottom