players grades at the halfway point. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

players grades at the halfway point.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

Maybe too much...he leaves the inside wide open for taking.

That could be, but the DEs primary duty on run plays is to keep the play inside, at least, so the LBs can make the play if necessary.

Here's mine-

Unit Grades-

Coaching- F- If there was a grade lower, I'd give it. Be it Wannstedt's taking the dirt in overtime, not giving Wade Smith more help, to the playcalling, to everything. Terrible

Draft as of midway point- D Eddie Moore, well..Cant do much about that. Wade Smith has been relatively solid, but needs help. Donald Lee looks like he'll be the gem of this draft. The rest? Who cares? Tolver is not going to play this year.

Individual Starters-

QB- Brian Griese- B+ There is hope for a passing game in Miami again. Much of this hope comes from Brian Griese

RB- Ricky Williams- C He's been running poorly, but I think very little of it has to do with him.

FB- Rob Konrad- B- Good blocking. Terrible offensive weapon. Why run him when you have Travis Minor, why throw to him at all? He wont take hits, and he has an amazing ability to find his way out of bounds instead of getting an extra yard. Extra points for playing hurt.

TE- Randy McMicheal- A Ranked 4 in yardage for TE's at this point. He's been playing like an elite TE.

WR- Chris Chambers- C- Middle of the road grade for a middle of the road starting WR.

WR- Derrius Thompson- D-- Thanks for nothing.

LT- Wade Smith- C- Not grading him completely on one grade. He's done a good job overall, considering the amount of help he has gotten and some of the DE's he's faced. Extra points for answering a ton of questions after the Indy debacle.

LG Jamie Nails- F- I dont think my heart can take it. Or his, either.

C Tim Ruddy- D-- We've been trying to get rid of you for years. This year we have good reason.

RG Todd Perry- C - Never hear much about him. Considering our offensive linemen, this is a good thing

RT Turd Wade- F - Get off of my team. He pulled a Dwayne Rudd in the Texans game on a field goal drive, yet no one notices it. He wants big money, but we dont even trust him to be LT on a team with a 3rd round rookie starter. I hope he gets his 5 mil, though. From a division rival.

DE Jason Taylor- C-- Quit doing soap commercials and concentrate. Teams are paying less attention to your gameplay this season then last, and seemingly, so are you.

DT Tim Bowens- A- We should put him up on our ring of fame when he retires.

DT Larry Chester- A- - My favorite Defensive player. I'm a homer, ok?

DT Jeff Zgonina- C - Solid. Good pickup, not completely sold, though.

DE Adewale Ogunleye- A+ - Fantastic play this season.

LB Morlon Greenwood- B - When he's out there, he is making plays. He deserves the spot whenever Seau leaves.

LB Zach Thomas- A- Zach is Zach. The heart and sole of a Defense playing very good

LB Junior Seau- B+- Leadership, solid play, and the occasional big play. It's what we hoped for, and what we got.

CB Patrick Surtain- A- He's playing amazing while HURT. I'm amazed at this guy.

CB Sam Madison- C+- Better then last season. Showed flashes of the old Sam.

CB Terrell Buckley- B+- He's been picked on a little bit, but it's not Jamal Fletcher. He's made several big, important plays.

SS Sammy Knight-C- Solid, but not bad. That big, crushing hit has been looming for a while and he's yet to get it.

FS Brock Marion- C - Decent, not bad, not good. Not a Pro Bowler, but doesnt deserve to be booted.

P Matt Turk- A+ - Because he isnt Mark Royals. And he got into a fist fight once on the field.

K Olindo Mare- D - What happened, Mr. Clutch?

You're a little hard on Chambers but I agree that he's far from the "next big thing" that a lot of people here have been raving about for a while now. Still waiting on his case.

He doesn't look like a big time player but more like a solid #2.

And Madison and Knight are playing really well even tough they don't get INTs.

I would give Taylor a C+ although the numbers aren't great he still has a level of intimidation about him. But unfortunatly he has admitted as in the overtime Brady bomb to taking a play or two off.

Originally posted by inFINSible
If Taylor was voted to the mid season team it had to be on reputation cos he's not having an all start year.And again, I'm not bashing him cos he's one of my favorites and he can still turn it around but he's been manhandle most of the year and a lot of it has been one on one.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Originally posted by Danny

If Taylor was voted to the mid season team it had to be on reputation cos he's not having an all start year.And again, I'm not bashing him cos he's one of my favorites and he can still turn it around but he's been manhandle most of the year and a lot of it has been one on one.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

I'm not debating that, I just saw this in the Herald this morning and thought it would fit in this thread....I wonder who the DE is on the other side?...I would have Freeney and O-gun as mid-season all stars.

Boy, roughness on Madison. Just don't get it. He's covering, tackling, and doing it all. Deserves and A in my book.

Football is not an individual sport and it is hard to grade players individually. To give Jason Taylor a C is a joke. If he were playing poorly he would not be getting doubled and OCs would run to his side. As it is he is having an above average year. Sacks are not the whole story. JT deserves an A

The O-line as a whole gets a D.
Smith for his pansy@$$ play gets an F at this point.

Ricky gets a B due to his effort and gets consideration for lack of an O-line.

Madison is a very good tackler and has stuffed a few run plays this year. He also hasn't given up any more big plays than Pat. Grade A in my book.

Zach has been outstanding but gets an A- for getting run over by Edge on the goalline

Greenwood has been solid all year. B for Bigups

Brock/Sammy B QBs not afraid to throw over the middle. Very good against the run but we need them primarily on the pass

Nails is the only guard they pull on outside runs and he sucks at it. Still its a better option than running into the DT that just got around him. F

Junior is playing well. Nothing spectacular. A-

Buryus Thompson is mostly Jekyll and very little hyde Grade: F/b

Ogun is having a breakout year. Everyone knows his grade

Coaching sucks. I refuse to grade them. I think they owe us another season. If we only lose 1 or 2 the rest of the way and win in Houston, then all will be forgiven.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Coaching: F
but don't worry, cause our coaches scored lower than that

what would that be? FU?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Madison not tackling??? I remember a fewwww good hits from him this year!!

yeah like the smack he put on troy brown! they showed that one over and over.

heres my grades:

RB Ricky W. B-
QB J Fiedler A+ :lol: j/k want to see some people puke c-
QB BRAIN GRIESE B+
Rob Konrad c+
TE R. Mcmicheal A
TE Don Lee B- (last two games)
OT Wade smith C
TODD WADE C
OG TODD PERRY C-
TIM RUDDY C
JAMIE NAILS C-