Players That Absolutely Need to Be Gone Next Season | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players That Absolutely Need to Be Gone Next Season

Pretty much spot on for “starters”.

Smythe and Long can stay at TE, but we we need to look for a starter or draft one one 2nd round.

I’d keep an Ginkel at LB

DB: Crossen, Campbell, Bethel, Igbo are special teams, 5th/6th string at best.

I’d also Keep McKinley at S.

I don’t disagree with that list, for starters. Might add, to be bit more realistic, for depth:

WR: I’d keep Sherfield. He’s been solid overall. Has had a couple costly drops, but good locker room guy and blocker.

TE: smyrhe and Long can stay, but we need to look for a starter or draft one one 2nd round.

LB: I’d keep Van Ginkel at LB. Keep Riley as a sub. Need to draft one high, probably in 2nd

DB: Crossen, Campbell, Bethel, Igbo are special teams, 5th/6th string at best. They can go, or stay in those roles only. Need 2 new starters here!

I’d also Keep McKinley as q backup S.

OT: draft one in 2nd/3rd.

OG: keep Jones, possibly Eich as backup. The rest can go. Need to draft one.

Even with those, we still need to overturn
Half our roster. Good luck!
PS Sherfield is a GREAT blocker. Damn.

The Patriots gave up on him after his rookie year. Was their expectation tok high?
What does that have anything to do with the player right now?

Crossen is a scrappy and tough player who shouldn’t see more than 20-30 total snaps on the defensive side of the ball ALL SEASON in a secondary that’s not destroyed. Considering he’s playing 30-40 snaps a game and only getting burnt “sometimes” means he probably would do excellent in a much more limited role playing against #5 WRs.

It’s easier to list the keepers…..

Tua Tagovailoa
Terron Armstead
Connor Williams
Robert Hunt
Jaylen Waddle
Tyreek Hill
Christian Wilkins
Jaelen Phillips
Zach Sieler
Jevon Holland
Kader Kohou
Brandon Jones

I don’t give a **** about any other player on the current roster sticking around.
Add Vanginkel, trill Williams, Nick Needham, Bradley Chubb, Sherfield

Sanders. Get out
Bridgewater, FA-good riddance

Who else we got?
Tua, Mike McDaniel, Grier, Bridgewater, and Sanders. Not worried about the rest. Most of them I could take or leave.

As long as we get rid of those guys, bring in a decent QB and competent HC, and we keep Hill, Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Seiler, and Wilkins, we will be really good.

I don’t disagree with any of this. I left off the depth guys and focused more on key contributors. Certainly agree on Sherfield, Jones, McKinley, and AVG depending on his price tag (he’s UFA correct?)

I like Sherfield a lot, just in a lesser role. He should be WR4. Hopefully EE comes into camp ready to take over.
Good call on EZ. Let’s hopes learned the playbook by next year and can secure that no 3 role.

Can’t we find one of these old geezer kickers in FA that never seem to miss? A Gould or a Folk or a whoever. Sanders is shot I think
I think not when it comes to FA for Miami. I’d say use one of their late round picks on best kicker available.

Which is weird when you think about it, might as well burn a 6th round pick on a K you like instead of hoping you get him as an UDFA. The reality is most picks after round 5 don't make it on rosters. I never understood that.
Makes perfect sense if you think about it...

Just a new crop if players for mcdaniel to coach into a wall

Back
Top Bottom