Players who stood out in Scrimmage | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players who stood out in Scrimmage

Anyway...

The point of this discussion.. and my answer is

1. Sam Simmons (although he has been standing out all camp)
2. Derrius Thompson (see above)
3. Mark Dixon.. he stopped the QB's from being sacked more than a couple times.
4. J.R. Tolver... who has been quiet the past few days and im glad had the opportunity to show his stuff
5. Korey Banks... this kid is good
6. Eddie Moore... his speed is amazing

McKnight would be praised by all dolphin fans if he didn't do things like make a catch, turn around, stop, and then just spontaniously drop the ball without even being touched (heck, nobody was withen 4 yards of him)

McKnight has that boom or bust feel to him, he makes a brilliant play (the half kneeling catch of that one screen pass) and then follows it up with a boneheaded play. (See the drop from last year that I described above)

I praise him and then curse him and then back again... It may be nervewracking, but he keeps things interesting. :D

If he cuts down on the boneheaded plays though.. well, I'd be a happy camper.

Originally posted by Barbarian
McKnight would be praised by all dolphin fans if he didn't do things like make a catch, turn around, stop, and then just spontaniously drop the ball without even being touched (heck, nobody was withen 4 yards of him)

McKnight has that boom or bust feel to him, he makes a brilliant play (the half kneeling catch of that one screen pass) and then follows it up with a boneheaded play. (See the drop from last year that I described above)

I praise him and then curse him and then back again... It may be nervewracking, but he keeps things interesting. :D

If he cuts down on the boneheaded plays though.. well, I'd be a happy camper.

I think it's a combination of factors. No, McKnight doesn't have the hands of a Chambers, Gadsden or Thompson. That being said, I think a QB who puts the ball on the numbers and in stride could make McKnight into a Pro-Bowl WR.

Could be an uncharacteristic fast start for the Phins this year.......

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

I think it's a combination of factors. No, McKnight doesn't have the hands of a Chambers, Gadsden or Thompson. That being said, I think a QB who puts the ball on the numbers and in stride could make McKnight into a Pro-Bowl WR.

Not when he drops the ball 4 seconds after the reception.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
Could be an uncharacteristic fast start for the Phins this year.......

Uncharacteristic fast start????

If you mean in wins.... they start fast EVERY year.
It's the beginning we hope will be characteristic and the ending..... December and January to be exact....... that we hope to be uncharacteristic.

As far as some of the discussion here, McKnight I totally agree has much to prove.... not in camp but in games. He has proven to be unreliable and inconsistent. I hope he puts it all together this year. I expect D. Thompson and Chambers to overshadow him all year though.

Jay is having a great camp. I've seen him look great in camp in previous years though and have been dissapointed when the games begin. The deep balls I've seen have been looking much better. He's got a great system to play in and defenses are going to have to put a lot of attention on Ricky. This year will be his best year to shine and I hope he pulls it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by inFINSible
I sensed alot of sarcasm in xnought's post, trek....

Well you never know.

If so I stand corrected.

Just don't feed me to your lil kitties InFins.... :eek:

No, you're right I don't know , it just seemed to me that no one would seriously make a statement like that unless they had absolutely NO CLUE about the Dolphins or they were just being sarcastic....I gave him the benefit of the doubt I guess..:lol:

Funny you should say that about the kitties.....the guy bent over, is yelling at the cat that's walking away because he had just walked up and started licking me....Stupid me thought it was cute but, when the guy saw him he shooed him away quick.....apparently when they do that it means that they are about to "play" with you.....well, they're fully clawed and toothed so making me his play toy would not have been fun for me.:(

Originally posted by inFINSible
:

Funny you should say that about the kitties.....the guy bent over, is yelling at the cat that's walking away because he had just walked up and started licking me....Stupid me thought it was cute but, when the guy saw him he shooed him away quick.....apparently when they do that it means that they are about to "play" with you.....well, they're fully clawed and toothed so making me his play toy would not have been fun for me.:(

:lol:
Infins....
next time a cougar licks you......

:escape:

Good thing that Cougar didn't like the taste of Dolphin..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom