Playing with a torn ACL?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playing with a torn ACL??

montequi

Middle Timer
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

How do you guys feel about THAT? I wonder if QBs in the NFL used to do this too. I remember guys playing injured often, but nowadays it seems like anything tiny knocks you out for an extended time. Several QBs have gone down in the last couple years with torn ACLs. Is it possible that the trend isn't new, but guys are just sitting out the season instead of playing through it?

No one in their right mind continues to play on a torn ACL, in the following game. It's admirable to be able to finish the same game but its not to be happening regularly. Getting the surgery is always whats best for a professional player.

I believe Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL for a bulk of a season, or the playoffs.

These guys need to think long term for their career as well as the franchise. I'm sure many would love to still be playing but the team needs to think long term for themselves and the health of the player too...

I found it pretty shocking they made such a show about him playing with a torn ACL. Almost encouraging. They even demonstrated that he was playing better with a torn ACL. Classic ESPN making a story wherever they can.

Had this led to a more significant injury for the kid ESPN would have been blasting the school for being so irresponsible with the injury.

If a player has a torn tendon in his knee, he shouldn’t be on the field.

If there's risk of further injury, you always have to put the player's health first, absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom