Playoff Memories: 1971 Afc Second-round Playoff Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Memories: 1971 Afc Second-round Playoff Game

Great game, I only remember portions of the game. Both teams were so exhausted at the end of the game, but the Fins kept holding on and blocked that FG in OT. That's the day I became a Dolphin Fan for life.

Only 5 yrs old at that time, and in a house full of Jets fans so I didn't see it not that I have would have remembered anyway.

Maybe ESPN Classic will show it. If anyone hears anything about it please post it.

I do remember the Chargers / Dolphins playoff game of 1980 though w/ Kellen Winslow and his Academy Award winning (BS) performance .
The hook & ladder play and the rollercoaster feeling the whole game. Then when Rolf Bernurske kicked the game winning field goal I was so pi$$ed..........

Originally posted by T-Bone
I do remember the Chargers / Dolphins playoff game of 1980 though w/ Kellen Winslow and his Academy Award winning (BS) performance .
The hook & ladder play and the rollercoaster feeling the whole game. Then when Rolf Bernurske kicked the game winning field goal I was so pi$$ed..........
that game was more dramatic and more important but had the same end result (us losing because of poor kicking) as the NE in Mia this year :cry: :fire:

By many people, including myself, the greatest NFL game ever played. Another game that should have been won by the Fins, if not for the kicker.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
By many people, including myself, the greatest NFL game ever played. Another game that should have been won by the Fins, if not for the kicker.
interesting contrast to 71 game that Yepremian won

WTF? This is weird, this was posted yesterday and I missed it. However, I just posted on the board about what the rules were in the playoffs with games that go past the first overtime. I guess I should check the back pages of www.finheaven.com instead of going the lazy route. :lol: Oh well.

ESPN Classic just showed a whole half-hour program about the KC game the week between Christmas and New Year's. Podolak was killing us. Stenerud had the chance to win it for the Chiefs but botched a field goal a la Von Schaman(oh, and Mare) and cost KC.

Back
Top Bottom