Playoff Picture | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Picture

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
I know that it isn't even close to the regular season yet, but since were all tlaking about worthless stuff heres some more. How do u guys think the playoff picture will turn out in 2004?
I say (in the AFC) Dolphins, Broncos, Ravens, and Colts all win thier divisions. The two wild-cards team will be Patriots and Chiefs.
In the NFC- Eagles, Seahawks, Vikings, and Panthers. The 2 wild card teams will be Falcons and Rdskins. After all the games are played the Super Bowl will be played by the BRONCOS and the EAGLES.
What do u think?

ryyyan24 said:
I know that it isn't even close to the regular season yet, but since were all tlaking about worthless stuff heres some more. How do u guys think the playoff picture will turn out in 2004?
I say (in the AFC) Dolphins, Broncos, Ravens, and Colts all win thier divisions. The two wild-cards team will be Patriots and Chiefs.
In the NFC- Eagles, Seahawks, Vikings, and Panthers. The 2 wild card teams will be Falcons and Rdskins. After all the games are played the Super Bowl will be played by the BRONCOS and the EAGLES.
What do u think?

I think we'll have to wait til at least week 6 or so to get a "feel" for it. Til then, I don't see alot of "major changes" that will sustaniate our winning the div over the pats. It could be and I hope so, but we'll just have to wait.

i just cant see us winning the division the pats are better than us and i hate to admit it. we will put up a strong record though i think like 12-4 and still have to take a wildcard birth because of it. i think it will be the colts,pats,broncos,ravens that win the division with the wildcards being the phins and this one is hard but ill say titans because theyll be playoff caliber as long as they have mcnair around. i was inclined to say oakland too because they have had a very good offseason and i see a rebound this year. for the nfc i think itll be the rams,the eagles, the buccaneers, and the vikings winning the division with the cowboys and the seahawks in the wildcard spots. i chose the cowboys instead of the panthers because i think last year was just carolinas cinderella story but dont get me wrong i think the team is good but theyll only go 9-7 next year i think. the superbowl pick for me would be pats and the eagles but my second one would be the rams and dolphins.

Too early for my prediction. I have to see how the teams are shaping up through training camp and preseason before I have any idea. No one predicted the Panthers to go the SB last June.

Dolfan954 said:
Too early for my prediction. I have to see how the teams are shaping up through training camp and preseason before I have any idea. No one predicted the Panthers to go the SB last June.
Stuart Scott did :) . I think he was the only one.

DeDolfan said:
I think we'll have to wait til at least week 6 or so to get a "feel" for it. Til then, I don't see alot of "major changes" that will sustaniate our winning the div over the pats. It could be and I hope so, but we'll just have to wait.

It's even hard to tell at week 6, look at last year at week 6 the Vikings and Chiefs were both undefeated I believe, The Vikings don't make the playoffs and the Chiefs went one and out.

I have given up trying to make predictions during the season, I still thought the Titans were the best team in the AFC last year.

LIQUID24 said:
Stuart Scott did :) . I think he was the only one.
He did??? What were his reasons? I'm sure he's been beating his chest non-stop for that one.

12-4 should win the division, the Pats are not as good as their record last year. All bias aside, they had a number of games they deserved to lose, and caught lucky breaks. They won't be anywhere near 14-2 again. I think the Dolphins and Pats will both be 11-5 at the top of the division. The Colts, Chiefs, and Ravens will win their divisions, and the Jags will sneak in as the 6th seed. Mark it down.

Dolfan954 said:
He did??? What were his reasons? I'm sure he's been beating his chest non-stop for that one.
I'm not sure what his reasons were, I think he said because of their running game and strong defense (but I doubt he knew Delhomme would end up starting). Surprisingly he didn't gloat about it. He said he's usually bad with predictions.

Stuart Scott actually had the Panthers playing the Dolphins in the SuperBowl last year. Too bad he wasn't perfect with his prediction.

my take...

AFC:

1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Chiefs
4. Ravens
5. Jets
6. Jaguars

NFC:

1. Eagles
2. Seahawks
3. Falcons
4. Vikings
5. Redskins
6. Rams

AFC champ: Pats
NFC champ: Skins

Superbowl champ: Skins

AFC
1.Dolphins
2.Broncos
3.Colts
4.Bengals
5.Pats
6.Jags

NFC
1.Seattle
2.Vikings
3.Falcons
4.Philly
5.Cards
6.Green Bay

AFC Champ: Dolphins over Broncos
NFC Champ: Seattle over Falcons

SB Champ: Dolphins over Seattle

I am not going to pick a Super Bowl winner or even the order of the playoff teams. I want to refrain from being a homer. Here are my playoff teams(no specific order):

AFC: Dolphins, Bengals, Colts, Broncos, Patriots, Chiefs

NFC: Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Seahawks, Panthers, Rams

Back
Top Bottom