Playoffs, how about being around for halloween | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs, how about being around for halloween

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Things were so bad last year we were out by halloween, so they cant be any worse this year

I am with you 100%. My expectations for 2005 is that we will compete for an 8-8 record. 7-9, 8-8 or better will be a bonus to me.

For the 1,000,000,000 time, I say we will get 8 or 9 wins.

Due to working and Hurricanes, I hardly even got to see the Phins before Halloween last year (I worked at Halloween Horror Nights) so us being out of it really screwed up an entire season's worth of football enjoyment.

anybody who actually thinks the phins will be no better than last year has no clue what they are talking about IMO. Didn't we start off 0-8 ???

4-12 plus 2 Freak of Nature Backs, A proven offensive system with a real coordinator, an O-line that will make a complete 180, Jay Williams gone - Carter, Holliday, & Roth in.
Greenwood gone - Crowder in. Surtain gone - Daniels/Edwards in. Knight Freeman gone - Jones,Tillman in. Bowens was out all last year so he was already gone, Chester was out too but now hes back and we got Traylor, so we are plus 2 in the DT catagory. Seau was out and he'll be back. Our new Tackles are waaay better. Carey will be a beast and McDougle already is. Konrad was out last year, we now have Evans and if he stays healthy thats a starting FB we didn't have last year either. The Days of Fiedler are over, and with enough time in the pocket, AJ will manage well. Boston is Back. Bla bla bla enough said. Put it all together in a opened-up offense with an unpredictanle Defense, and it's obvious this team is good, but in the toughest division with In-experience in key areas... the phins should be expected to reamaim around .500

As of November 1, we were 1-7. On Halloween (a Sunday, I believe) we were 1-6. It is mathematically impossible to be eliminated at 1-7.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Actually, it MAY be technically possible, but I'm not sure if the schedules permit that. No team in the division can be undefeated because they would play each other. No other team in the division can win out for the same reason. I suppose if there were multiple teams with good records that had to play each other they *could* in theory eliminate somebody under certain circumstances, but I don't think that can be set at Halloween.

Back
Top Bottom