Please allow larger avatar sizes... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please allow larger avatar sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the avatar size is getting increased?

It should be increased. There is the option to turn off the avatars and images for those that wish to speed up their page loads, or don't care to view them. It would have been a great addition to the new style- a more aggresive logo along with a more aggressive and forward looking policy on avatar sizes.

Again, I'd like to show my appreciation for the administrator that moved this thread to the proper location. I think it is appropriate that these types of suggestions, and policy questions, be placed in it's own section, out of the view of the main traffic for this website.

I'd like to make a suggestion that all avatars be replaced with Infins' Wayne Huizenga with the horns...
clear.gif
ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE? :wink: :D

No, 100mb would be foolish. I made a sensible suggestion in a previous post. I wouldn't be opposed to a 100mb limit, but I'm sure Warfrat and Mulk would roll their eyes.

painnotpleasure said:
I'd like to make a suggestion that all avatars be replaced with Infins' Wayne Huizenga with the horns...
clear.gif
ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE? :wink: :D

You first

TeeMoney said:
No, 100mb would be foolish. I made a sensible suggestion in a previous post. I wouldn't be opposed to a 100mb limit, but I'm sure Warfrat and Mulk would roll their eyes.

dude if you don't like it, f'n go somewhere else.

People here b!tch, moan and cry more than my girl, I swear.

TeaYen, i suggest you take a step back realize how much of a baby you look by complaining about freakin avatar sizes of all things. Give the site admins a break.. Rules are rules!

TeeMoney said:
No, 100mb would be foolish.I made a sensible suggestion in a previous post.I wouldn't be opposed to a 100mb limit but I'm sure Warfrat and Mulk would roll their eyes.
And you got your answer

TeeMoney said:
You would be if everyone took advantage of it...:shakeno:

FiN.in.RI said:
dude if you don't like it, f'n go somewhere else.

People here b!tch, moan and cry more than my girl, I swear.

TeaYen, i suggest you take a step back realize how much of a baby you look by complaining about freakin avatar sizes of all things. Give the site admins a break.. Rules are rules!

That was uncalled for.

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the site. But I don't think TeeMoney deserved that. He wasn't coming at us like that.

darkmistress said:
And you got your answer

You would be if everyone took advantage of it...:shakeno:

What is your point? Do you have a problem with 150kb limit on avatars? I don't mind a small debate on the topic, I don't think the moderators do either- if it's in the right place (thank you) and the right spirit. I fail to see the "right spirit" in your post darkmistress.

TeeMoney said:
What is your point? Do you have a problem with 150kb limit on avatars? I don't mind a small debate on the topic, I don't think the moderators do either- if it's in the right place (thank you) and the right spirit. I fail to see the "right spirit" in your post darkmistress.

Her point is.... we answered the question already. No, we don't mind discussing the rules, but the answer is no, there will be no increase.

WharfRat said:
Her point is....

I would assume she could answer for herself. Pointing out the obvious is not necessary on a messageboard, and some would consider it rude.

TeeMoney said:

I think my point was pretty obvious...I'm sorry you didn't understand it I'll go in to more detail this time to help you out, though everything I'm going to say here is just reiterating what has already been said as nothing more needs to be.

150k is too big for a site encroaching upon 10,000+ members expecially when many of those users are only able to afford or choose to use a 56k connection...Also when many of those soon to be 10,000+ users are on at the same time the site tends to slow down even more so the less loading time the better for all users.

So far the only point you seem to have brought up is that 56k users can turn the avatars and sigs off...So once again as mentioned before, how is that fair to those users? Why should they not be allowed to enjoy the site at the same level broadband/cable users can simply because their connection is slower...?

As it was mentioned before FH is very generous in the size limits it gives user...if you have a look at other message boards most of them will only allow sigs and avatars lower than what FH allows and that is assuming they allow them at all...

As much as I hate to admit it FH is not a site to promote users pretty imagery...

What picture is it that you want to use anyway? And what's wrong with the one you currently have?

TeeMoney said:
I would assume she could answer for herself. Pointing out the obvious is not necessary on a messageboard, and some would consider it rude.

I would assume that after the third time the question was answered, one would have accepted it and moved on. Continuously asking the same question, and argueing a dead point on a messageboard isn't necessary, and some may consider it not only quite rude, but antagonistic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom