please keep in mind | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please keep in mind

Still no decision yet, that I know of. I have said this before, Dixon is all about heart and drive and if he doesn't have that then he might as well stay where he is.

Re: delusional...

Originally posted by badfoot
87 you are very optomistic!!!brent smith and mark dixon might be the best WE had but they are NOT that good. The fact that you say we are gonna have them back means very little to me .onr or the other has been hurt before and I believe dixon is an over achiever that just broke down.Im not sure but one of these guys has back problems(see daryl gardner!)This is like a death sentance for line men!! Bad backs dont get better and i believe that you are underestimating what we need to do to get this line back in shape....By the way get rid of perry too while we are at it,another of daves (chicago boys who didnt work out)big mistakes in free agency.:cool:

Yes, Dixon has back and neck problems...and his wife is pushing him to retire. However he told Wannstedt he will play next year.

Brent Smith is 100%. He never had back problems, he simply tore his ACL, and while that is a death sentence to a RB or WR most of the time...lineman usually don't have problems. They put those braces on their knees and play.

Smith was a very capable pass blocker, and a very good run blocker. It was common knowledge that he blocked for the run better then Webb. This was why Webb was let go.

As far as Perry goes, he was fighting a consistently sprained MCL, and let me tell you from experience, it is painful, and won't heal until you get off it for a few months. I sprained mine three months ago while working, I played two weeks of football, and that was it. I had to stop playing so I could get it to heal.

It is still a little sore, but almost gone. So Perry should be judged from next years performance...let's see what he can do healthy. Wade was injured a couple times this season too, and had to be replaced by Swayne. So our O line was really beat up, and if they come back all healthy, I think they will be much improved.

Draft a guard to replace Dixon should he not be the same, but we need DT and RB.

Where did you hear that Dixon told Dave that he is comming back?

I dont have news on dixon but i say draft fonoti or gurode if availible in the first and then work on dline and bckfield (if we dont get ricky) and maybe grab a linebacker or tight end if one slides and as far as FA goes i would like to see a few releases and then sign 2 veteran olinemen and maybe a vet dlinemen.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Where did you hear that Dixon told Dave that he is comming back?

Dajesus, it was in one of Dave's last press conferences. He was asked about Dixon, and Dave said Dixon leg is doing well, and he will be back.

The Answer to Miami O Line Troubles

Originally posted by Dajesus
I hope everyone doesn't think if Miami picks an o-lineman in the draft all their problems will be solved. O-line is probably only behind qb as hardest transitions in to the nfl. How often do you think these soon to be rookies have seen NFL sized D-lineman with NFL speed in college? Probably 5-10 d-lineman that are drafted in apirl will start this season. There are 117 D1 college football teams you do the math. Then add in the fact of much more complex blocking schemes, and more responseabilitys. I remember watching the Dolphin-Seahawk game nd hearing the commentator speaking on Steve Hutchinson(OG from taking in the 1st round last year) he said "Holmgren sais he loves the kids ability, if he can't just overlook the 5 blocks a game he misses. The talent is there, but it will take time, they just hope their qb is still healthy by the time he gets the hang of it." I just think it will be better for Jay and our running game if we add a couple starters at o-line in FA, and tend to another need on round 1. Then maybe look what is left on a o-line in round 4.

Two words for you my friend.. Willie Roaf.

I think we will be fine at the left tackle position. Brent Smith and Marcus Spriggs are ready to play right now. Mark Dixon is pondering retirement, and I think he should retire. So that leaves a hole at the left guard position. I think that should be our first FA acqusition (a good FA left guard). Then, draft a guard in the THIRD ROUND to develop behind our new LG.

Draft a running back in the FIRST ROUND. Mock drafts have William Green, TJ Duckett, Deshaun Foster, and Clinton Portis available to us when it is time for us to pick. I don't think Willie Green will be there but I'm sure two of those backs will be there when its time for us to pick.

Willie Roaf is getting a little too old, we should go after Chris Naeole, Steve McKinney, or Tarik Glenn.

GO FINS!

Back
Top Bottom