Please welcome our new Moderators | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please welcome our new Moderators

Well we did decide that your skills filled a need and we just need to know how to 'term' it so that we are PC (for lack of better term). Initially, you volunteered to do this in an official or unofficial capacity. My vote is to make it 'official' but I am still low on the totem pole.

We have an 'congregation' of 30,000 or so visitors per day on a slow day and 60,000 on a busy day. :wink: I have to get a consensus from the other Admins as to the best way do this.

I repeat, this is all about service to the folks. I will take referalls, make a standing thread, or "play" this however you think. I don't think I should submit prayers for "peer review" but will defer to the leadership here on how they wish me to serve. However I can help!

I repeat, this is all about service to the folks. I will take referalls, make a standing thread, or "play" this however you think. I don't think I should submit prayers for "peer review" but will defer to the leadership here on how they wish me to serve. However I can help!

Of course not and I am not sure where I led you to believe otherwise...

This is not an act of public display and was never intended to be so. From the beginning, you have volunteered to be a quiet servant to help those in need. I never lost sight of that offer.

Please PM me if you have an concern. :)

I have sent a PM which should straighten things out but this reminds me of why a written board will always have misunderstandings.

I trained first as a broadcaster and now as a pastor, most of my writing is done with an expectation that it will be heard not read. Thus when I write, I hear in my head the nuances of voice of how I would say something and what "rhetorical flourishes" I might use to make a point.

Had any of you heard me say what I wrote above I doubt any of you would have thought I was suggesting that anyone would demand a veto over prayers or that I was suggesting someone had asked for it. If you read me however that is a perfectly valid question and one that would have not occured to me.

I apologize to Celt for making him think I was suggesting he had said something wrong to me. Celt has always been supportive and friendly and I hope to be seen as likewise. I am honored by the selection, will do what ever I can to help the site, and again congratulate all the folks who were named mods. You will do fine jobs I'm sure. Just remember that around your mod duties, still stop by and post here. We would miss you if you weren't around!

I have sent a PM which should straighten things out but this reminds me of why a written board will always have misunderstandings.

I trained first as a broadcaster and now as a pastor, most of my writing is done with an expectation that it will be heard not read. Thus when I write, I hear in my head the nuances of voice of how I would say something and what "rhetorical flourishes" I might use to make a point.

Had any of you heard me say what I wrote above I doubt any of you would have thought I was suggesting that anyone would demand a veto over prayers or that I was suggesting someone had asked for it. If you read me however that is a perfectly valid question and one that would have not occured to me.

I apologize to Celt for making him think I was suggesting he had said something wrong to me. Celt has always been supportive and friendly and I hope to be seen as likewise. I am honored by the selection, will do what ever I can to help the site, and again congratulate all the folks who were named mods. You will do fine jobs I'm sure. Just remember that around your mod duties, still stop by and post here. We would miss you if you weren't around!

I appreciate the PM, Keith and completely understand now.

We are quite fortunate to have such an ardent Dolphins fan who has your skills and who cares so much about the members here at Finheaven. Frankly, I can't think of a better role for you and I appreciate your willingness to minister the needs of this large, lovable but sometimes dysfunctional family. :wink:

I appreciate the PM, Keith and completely understand now.

We are quite fortunate to have such an ardent Dolphins fan who has your skills and who cares so much about the members here at Finheaven. Frankly, I can't think of a better role for you and I appreciate your willingness to minister the needs of this large, lovable but sometimes :confused::confused::confused:dysfunctional family. :wink:

:tongue:

The title will be "Official". The other Admins were 100%.

We have asked DarkMistress to make you a Chaplain badge...

That does sound a little strange now that I say it out loud....DarkMistress and Chaplain in the same sentence. :lol:

Everyone please join me in welcoming our newest Moderators:

Motion
Phins17
In_Flames
Samphin

The new moderators will be primarily moderating the Main Forum and the Lounge.

Ohiophinphan has volunteered to act as FinHeaven's Chaplain and counselor. We are very happy to have him in this role.

Thanks to everyone who applied. It was a very close competition and any of you would have made outstanding Moderators.

What??? SAMPHIN??? Man you guys are REALLY getting desperate!!!

J/K:bighug: A great bunch of guys that will definitely do the right thing! Congrats to all!!!

The title will be "Official". The other Admins were 100%.

We have asked DarkMistress to make you a Chaplain badge...

That does sound a little strange now that I say it out loud....DarkMistress and Chaplain in the same sentence. :lol:

I'm honored and I hope to live up to your confidence in me. Already some folk here have approached me privately and we in process. It is very humbling and meaningful.

As to the irony of names......I can't help but smile!

Back
Top Bottom