Plenty Of Good Players On This Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plenty Of Good Players On This Team

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
All this talk about tanking, poor roster, no depth is all BS. Chris Grier added some quality players to this team. I personally have no problem with the talent on this team. My biggest and ONLY concern is the Offensive Line. They need to move Jessie Davis back to RG, move Isaiah Prince to starting RT. I was thrilled to see those UDFAs perform out there tonight. None of them embarrassed themselves. it will be fun to watch them develop. One more thing. I have been singing Josh Rosen's praises for a long time. And if the pass blocking was better, he would have lit up the scoreboard tonight. The Miami Dolphins will have their 2nd real QB since Dan Marino. Chad Pennington of course being the other. If they can get this O-line going this team will be fun to watch.

Some good players “yes.” Some great players, not so much. There’s X and there’s um...um...um. Well, there’s a few better than good and maybe great in time like Tunsil, M. Fitzpatrick and P. Williams. Overall there clearly is not enough talent to compete for playoffs this year. I do like direction the team headed though.

And I disagree about depth other than at WR position. If Miami sustains a couple of key injuries this team has a good chance to win 2 games or less.

Once they settle on a starting oline, they will need a couple weeks to gel. I think thet will be good enough to win games.
Injuries could ruin the season because of the new system and lack of depth.
If they stay healthy, Rosen could light up some defenses.

I don't think they have clear cut worst in the league talent, but they have significant deficiencies in the trenches that will make it difficult to win more than 5 games IMO.
That O-line is a big problem.

Some good players “yes.” Some great players, not so much. There’s X and there’s um...um...um. Well, there’s a few better than good and maybe great in time like Tunsil, M. Fitzpatrick and P. Williams. Overall there clearly is not enough talent to compete for playoffs this year. I do like direction the team headed though.

And I disagree about depth other than at WR position. If Miami sustains a couple of key injuries this team has a good chance to win 2 games or less.

Tunsil is already elite.

No OL = doomsday.

Having one at the start of the season is great, we don't even have that. It wasn't for a lack of trying, they made their decisions at the draft.

It's nice to see football again, and yes there are good players on the team, but all signs point to a bad year.

But hey, if you start with low expectations it only goes up from there!

/Debbiedowner

All this talk about tanking, poor roster, no depth is all BS. Chris Grier added some quality players to this team. I personally have no problem with the talent on this team. My biggest and ONLY concern is the Offensive Line. They need to move Jessie Davis back to RG, move Isaiah Prince to starting RT. I was thrilled to see those UDFAs perform out there tonight. None of them embarrassed themselves. it will be fun to watch them develop. One more thing. I have been singing Josh Rosen's praises for a long time. And if the pass blocking was better, he would have lit up the scoreboard tonight. The Miami Dolphins will have their 2nd real QB since Dan Marino. Chad Pennington of course being the other. If they can get this O-line going this team will be fun to watch.

The question revolves around the definitions of "plenty" and "good." For sake of discussion, I'm going to use the most generous definition of "good" - any player receiving at least one vote for All-Pro. Seems every year the top teams have 5-8 All Pros. Middle of the pack is 3-4. Miami has X, Minkah, and Tunsil - none of whom would surprise me to get one vote. Maybe not "plenty," but no more 'devoid' of talent than the average team.

I'm not too concerned about average or good talent. What hurts teams is NO talent at some positions. A curse for Miami this century. Dallas Thomas, Martin, Naanee and others. Like most here I'm concerned about the OL and pass rush. I'm not going to categorize any as 'bad,' or 'average.' Flo has 3 more weeks. But this season will be largely dependent on the number of bad players.

The question revolves around the definitions of "plenty" and "good." For sake of discussion, I'm going to use the most generous definition of "good" - any player receiving at least one vote for All-Pro. Seems every year the top teams have 5-8 All Pros. Middle of the pack is 3-4. Miami has X, Minkah, and Tunsil - none of whom would surprise me to get one vote. Maybe not "plenty," but no more 'devoid' of talent than the average team.

I'm not too concerned about average or good talent. What hurts teams is NO talent at some positions. A curse for Miami this century. Dallas Thomas, Martin, Naanee and others. Like most here I'm concerned about the OL and pass rush. I'm not going to categorize any as 'bad,' or 'average.' Flo has 3 more weeks. But this season will be largely dependent on the number of bad players.
you're absolutely right ! as the saying goes, you're only as good as your worst player... if he's really bad then it's a really good chance the TEAM will not be good...

Back
Top Bottom