Pluses & Minuses | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pluses & Minuses

Originally posted by T-Bone
Originally posted by bigbry

Wayne REMOVED the control from Wanny. Gave Spielman MORE power AND created a position (SPENT MONEY) to give someone else a chance to oversee the job. No, it wasnt a clearing house of change. Now, IF it works, then Wayne will appear the guy that was smart enough to do it. But for anyone to say(before it starts) it was wrong is just rendering an opinion...nothing more.
Am I saying it WILL work? No I'm not. I'll atleast wait to see.

And what is it that you are rendering?

Questions for you -
1) Did you expect to see something more once the season ended?

2) Did you think last week that we would have a GM that was a proven winner w/ regards to drafting. Not to say that Speilman is not qualified.

3) If it does not work out this year who takes the fall?

I fully expected to see Spielman get the job, he was qualified, proven and was already in our system. Wayne H is a hands off owner who would probably only do some fine tuning.
I was hoping for a new coach, but, with what was available its cool that he stays WITH restictions. AND his contract really is only a one year deal if I'm reading things correctly.
The fall guy has been set up already to be Wanny...after all, if he cannot coach a team without the other duties then he will most definetly be gone.

BB

I don't think Wannstedt should have returned for another season, although there was nothing that great out there and we do not want to rebuild but if you look at the front office moves they mirror the unispiring moves that we saw week after week. Every one is afraid to make a bold move. Playing not to lose and look at what it has done for us.

Half time adjustments for both sides of the ball where generally non existant and it has rolled over into the off season moves that were not made.

Let me clear something up, Speilman is qualified and I think he will make a very good GM. The thing is with Wannstedt not being let go and all the big name GM's that interviewed, it looked as if Speilman was going to take the fall for Wanny's lack of coaching inspiration.
Being that Speilman was tied to Wanny.

Bringing in Marino was window dressing to cover up the fact that Huzienga and the top brass could not pull the trigger because word around town is how can you fire a coach with his winning percentage? What about Fiedlers's winning percentage? Where will that get us

I just want to win the big one, but more importantly win big games, not collapse when it comes time to the stretch run and feel confident that my team will be prepared when they hit the field.

I don't think Wannstedt should have returned for another season, although there was nothing that great out there and we do not want to rebuild but if you look at the front office moves they mirror the unispiring moves that we saw week after week. Every one is afraid to make a bold move. Playing not to lose and look at what it has done for us.

Half time adjustments for both sides of the ball where generally non existant and it has rolled over into the off season moves that were not made.

Let me clear something up, Speilman is qualified and I think he will make a very good GM. The thing is with Wannstedt not being let go and all the big name GM's that interviewed, it looked as if Speilman was going to take the fall for Wanny's lack of coaching inspiration.
Being that Speilman was tied to Wanny.

Bringing in Marino was window dressing to cover up the fact that Huzienga and the top brass could not pull the trigger because word around town is how can you fire a coach with his winning percentage? What about Fiedlers's winning percentage? Where will that get us

I just want to win the big one, but more importantly win big games, not collapse when it comes time to the stretch run and feel confident that my team will be prepared when they hit the field.

I think everything you said could stand alone on its own merit.
But you certainly do not need this mans approval.

The only problem I have with the Marino bashing is cutting a guys legs out beneath him BEFORE he falls down himself.
I loved watching Dan play, but, wheres the ring? So although he played the game very well his records just dont mean alot. In fact, Dan himself has said manny times, he would give up the records in exchange for a Super Bowl victory. I would agree.

BB

I think everything you said could stand alone on its own merit.
But you certainly do not need this mans approval.

The only problem I have with the Marino bashing is cutting a guys legs out beneath him BEFORE he falls down himself.
I loved watching Dan play, but, wheres the ring? So although he played the game very well his records just dont mean alot. In fact, Dan himself has said manny times, he would give up the records in exchange for a Super Bowl victory. I would agree.

BB

You are correct and please understand that I am not looking for anyone's approval.
And also understand that I in no way, shape or form am bashing Marino. Quite the opposite I feel that he will eventually be successful and I am thrilled that he is back with the Dolphins.

I hope that we have a great draft and Rick and Dan hit it off and Dan learns quickly enough to make an impact in a few years.

You are correct and please understand that I am not looking for anyone's approval.
And also understand that I in no way, shape or form am bashing Marino. Quite the opposite I feel that he will eventually be successful and I am thrilled that he is back with the Dolphins.

I hope that we have a great draft and Rick and Dan hit it off and Dan learns quickly enough to make an impact in a few years.

I'm a draft-nik, but last year I wasnt(gee I wonder why?) I am so looking forward to this years draft. Should be very interesting.

BB

I'm a draft-nik, but last year I wasnt(gee I wonder why?) I am so looking forward to this years draft. Should be very interesting.

BB

I am still not that interseted in college football, but this year with all the chaos @ qb I looked into the Young qb's that were going into the draft and it looks pretty good.
But it always is a crap shoot when you draft young talent.

Back
Top Bottom