Poll: What Will It Take For Dave To Be Coach Next Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: What Will It Take For Dave To Be Coach Next Year?

What Will Keep Wannstedt Here Next Year?

• Super Bowl Victory

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Dolphins Play in Super Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC Championship, no blowout playoff loss

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Close 2nd round loss, but great regular season

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • He won't b/c none of the above will happen!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just make the playoffs

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
I would say these are the scenarios that must happen for Dave to stay:

1) We must make it at least to the championship game in the AFC and, if we lose, lose a close game that could have been won.

Or, if we don't make it to the championship game ...

2) We must have a very good year, win the Division and get a bye, then lose the playoff game in a very close contest, where we play well but get a couple of bad breaks.

or

3) not getting a bye but having a good record and playing well in December, winning our first playoff game and losing the 2nd in a very close contest.

Anything short of that and DW's gone. 2 and 3 are not sure bets for him to stay but they could keep him alive if we look like the better team but lose a tight game.

I just hope they cut him loose as they hand him the superbowl trophy. That would make me happy.

I really think Dave needs to lead us to a Super Bowl VICTORY. Think about it. No matter how well we do, outside of a championship, do you really want to wait through another offseason wondering if next year is going to be The Year for Wanny? I don' t think so. I really think if Dave can't lead this year's team at least TO the big game, we need a new coach.

Back
Top Bottom