Poole v. Minor... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poole v. Minor...

Finfan80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone else see anything concerning in today's reports about Poole's progress? I mean our rookie cornerback is making some plays in training camp, good, thrilled, happy about that. But he stripped Minor, and more worryingly stood him up? Our starting running back was stood up by a rookie cornerback. Whats going to happen during the season, when he goes against guys like Troy Vincent? We need to get a bigger back, someone who is not going to be brought down by a 190 pound CB

Will Poole is known for his instincts, being a ball hawk and Absolutely LIGHTING people up. I saw highlights of him and damn, looked like a f'in mack truck.

well will pool is a hard hitter and he is known for that so it doesnt suprise me nore does it scare me. we'll b fine

Grand Larceny!!

It's called getting the best CB in the draft in the 4th ROUND!!!!He can really LAY THE WOOD!If he keeps learning this quickly our secondary will be NICE!

I would be worried then I checked how many fumbles Minor has in his career. Nobody seemed to complain when Ricky fumbled every other time he touched it. Minor has never fumbled in his NFL career so I am not too worried. I am more excited that we have 3 promising LB's, 2 young promising CB's, and a slew of young guys at S. This defense is getting older but people are overlooking the Pooles, Moores, Buas, Greenwoods that are ready to step in sooner or later. Minor will be fine, lets be excited about the younger guys stepping up.

Why is it that one play where a good hitting cornerback stands the tailback up is bad for the tailback, when he has shown all training camp that he can break tackles and pick up yards after contact?

PhiNomina said:
I would be worried then I checked how many fumbles Minor has in his career. Nobody seemed to complain when Ricky fumbled every other time he touched it. Minor has never fumbled in his NFL career so I am not too worried. I am more excited that we have 3 promising LB's, 2 young promising CB's, and a slew of young guys at S. This defense is getting older but people are overlooking the Pooles, Moores, Buas, Greenwoods that are ready to step in sooner or later. Minor will be fine, lets be excited about the younger guys stepping up.

Absolutely! This is one reason I feel Rick Spielman is going to make a fine general manager, and it also speaks volumes about our scouting department. We have some good people in the ranks like Chris Grier and Greg Jeffries who will be moving on up the ranks before long. In this year's draft alone, I believe Rick picked up, out of 6 total picks, 5 guys who will eventually start on this team. I can see Derrick Pope manning the MLB spot in the near future with Tony Bua on the weakside.

Let's not overexaggerate on one hit. Poole is a very physical, very aggressive CB, so it doesn't surprise me. They'll both do good in the upcoming season.

I would be worried then I checked how many fumbles Minor has in his career. Nobody seemed to complain when Ricky fumbled every other time he touched it. Minor has never fumbled in his NFL career so I am not too worried.

I'd be interested to see how many of Minor's carries were on 3rd and long when Linebackers are usually taken, especially since most FF's are caused by linebackers.

Phinmaster1354 said:
It's called getting the best CB in the draft in the 4th ROUND!!!!He can really LAY THE WOOD!If he keeps learning this quickly our secondary will be NICE!

i think d'angelo hall might have soemthing to say about that. :shakeno: :rolleyes:

zevo said:
i think d'angelo hall might have soemthing to say about that. :shakeno: :rolleyes:
Its actually very debatable. Not a coment to shake your head over anyways. Many people had Poole the top rated CB before a poor workout.

Mebeverine said:
I'd be interested to see how many of Minor's carries were on 3rd and long when Linebackers are usually taken, especially since most FF's are caused by linebackers.
Too add to that, hes only had like what 80 carries? He could fumble just as much as Ricky, and we wouldnt kno it. I have faith hell be good(as long as theres a heavy dosse of the others), but just bein the Devils Advocate.

Hall anbd Robinson are good cbs and could end up better. Poole could end up better. There is no doubt personnel issues and being ill at the combine hurt Poole. Take that away, there was no question of talent with poole and he was a steal plain and simple in the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom