Poole v. Minor... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poole v. Minor...

Finfan80 said:
Does anyone else see anything concerning in today's reports about Poole's progress? I mean our rookie cornerback is making some plays in training camp, good, thrilled, happy about that. But he stripped Minor, and more worryingly stood him up? Our starting running back was stood up by a rookie cornerback. Whats going to happen during the season, when he goes against guys like Troy Vincent? We need to get a bigger back, someone who is not going to be brought down by a 190 pound CB
Dude, we freaking stole Poole, I was not happy when we traded down from the third round to the fourth because I thought we might lose him, this guy can play, anybody who saw any USC games last year knows it.

Mebeverine said:
I'd be interested to see how many of Minor's carries were on 3rd and long when Linebackers are usually taken, especially since most FF's are caused by linebackers.

minor had most of his carries on 1st down... not third... despite his designation as a "third down back"
he came in a lot after ricky had big runs for first down and was tired...

Man, I think we got a steal in Poole provided he stays out of trouble. Minor won't be able to carry the ball 350 times this year - and I'd be willing to bet we get it done with Minor and Morris this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Konrad getting some touches like Tampa uses BIG MIKE!

i think we had an awsome draft!! just makes the future look better and better lots of young new defensive talent!! just what the doctor ordered!

Phinmaster1354 said:
It's called getting the best CB in the draft in the 4th ROUND!!!!He can really LAY THE WOOD!If he keeps learning this quickly our secondary will be NICE!
I dont know if he was the best, De'Angelo Hall was pretty good at VT.

when i saw the clips of will poole on ESPN, i was very impressed, but then the info on his offield probs were discourageing. Not any more. dude did his 24 hours and is no longer sick.

Can u say another late round steal? :D

finfan54 said:
Can u say another late round steal? :D
To bad we dont have many first round gems to complement that.:D

KBISBACK said:
Absolutely! This is one reason I feel Rick Spielman is going to make a fine general manager, and it also speaks volumes about our scouting department. We have some good people in the ranks like Chris Grier and Greg Jeffries who will be moving on up the ranks before long. In this year's draft alone, I believe Rick picked up, out of 6 total picks, 5 guys who will eventually start on this team. I can see Derrick Pope manning the MLB spot in the near future with Tony Bua on the weakside.
While I agree with your point of view here, just wanted to mention that Greg Jeffries is not a scout any longer for the team and hasn't been for at least a year.
Chris Grier was recently promoted from National Scout to Assistant Director of College Scouting, probably being groomed to take over eventually for Director Ron Labadie. Our other college scouts include veterans like John Crea, Bill Baker and Anthony Hunt. Other college scouts include Adam Engroff, Johnathon Stigall and Roger Pollard who is the team's BLESTO scout. Long time Dolphins scout and director Tom Heckert Sr. recently was moved to part time college scout as he is winding down a 23 year NFL career.

To really measure the quality of our scouting dept, IMO, one only needs to look at the quality of undrafted rookie free agents we sign year after year with this year being no exception. When one looks around the league we brought in as strong a group of undrafted rookies as any team.

I'm not worried. When Ricky retired, I projected Sammy Morris to be our starter over Travis Minor anyway. I remember watching Sammy run the ball against us a few years back when Buffalo had running back by committee, and I liked what I saw back then.

Every running back will fumble. Ricky fumbled, Lamar fumbled. Everybody fumbles, some more than others, Tiki Barber. Let's just wait and see before we start saying Minor has a fumbleling problem. Will Poole however, this guy is going to be just like Surtain. He will certainly be the steal of the draft, and if he is, and Feeley and Carey work out well this year, then it will be rather safe to say that Spielman does have an eye for talent. Wasn't he the one that gave O-Gun the chance???

JimmyJ said:
Man, I think we got a steal in Poole provided he stays out of trouble. Minor won't be able to carry the ball 350 times this year - and I'd be willing to bet we get it done with Minor and Morris this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Konrad getting some touches like Tampa uses BIG MIKE!
Konrad is no Alstott, Konrad goes down very easy.

Back
Top Bottom