Portable DirecTV devices at Dolphin Stadium? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portable DirecTV devices at Dolphin Stadium?

DolphinDuke

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yesterday I caught the tail end of a news segment on NBC6 in Miami talking about all of the improvements that are being made at the stadium, including the gorgeous new scoreboards.

THey also said they now had portable DirecTV devices that you can sit in your seat at the stadium and watch any other game being broadcast on DirecTV. They showed little handheld TV's that were yellow in color. They did not say anything about how or where to get these things or any other details.

Does anybody know anything about these? Do you have to rent them, or just leave a deposit? What do they cost? Where do you go in the stadium to get them?

I have season tickets, but have never seen these this season, nor have I ever heard them mentioned anywhere else.

ercin13 said:
i'll save you the 40 bucks they charge to rent them , bring a good book to read.

Wow, 40 bucks is way steep. Great idea, but not worth $40.

You're right about the book though. Certainly more entertaining than watching this pathetic excuse for an NFL team.

Without seeing them, they sound a lot like what Nextel is renting at race tracks that gives you video and also data like live points standings and race scanner. I'd think instead of renting them, they'd lease them to season ticket holders. They could probably even offer some fantasy football data services. They collect another $250 a season for the lease, and you pick up and return them each game.

Back
Top Bottom