Porter on Ray Lewis quotes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Porter on Ray Lewis quotes

WOW...editorializing.

A "ridiculous" figure?

So what is 3 million a year for Welker considered?

right_corner_bt_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
Patriots acquired Wes Welker for second and seventh-round draft picks in the 2007 draft. A long term deal has been agreed to, but is undisclosed.

The $39 million figure that was floated for Welker's proposed offer sheet probably included a lot of phony money and years. Since the two teams dealt directly, it won't be necessary to pay Welker so much or so creatively. Welker provides the Patriots a versatile receiver who stands a good chance at starting. He'll also return punts. Don't be surprised if Welker's solid 2006 numbers improve. Mar. 5 - 5:05 pm et
Source: SI.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/right_corner_bt_player_news.gifhttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gifhttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gifPatriots acquired Wes Welker for second and seventh-round draft picks in the 2007 draft. A long term deal has been agreed to, but is undisclosed.

The $39 million figure that was floated for Welker's proposed offer sheet probably included a lot of phony money and years. Since the two teams dealt directly, it won't be necessary to pay Welker so much or so creatively. Welker provides the Patriots a versatile receiver who stands a good chance at starting. He'll also return punts. Don't be surprised if Welker's solid 2006 numbers improve. Mar. 5 - 5:05 pm et
Source: SI.com

Is He better than Troy Brown? Think about it.

BTW..he is a pathetic KR...and mediocre PR. He is really good at fair catching the ball though. You will see what I mean soon enough.

I hated Joey Porter more than any other player in the league until we went and signed him. Now I just hope he keeps his mouth shut a little more.

Why?? Is it so that he can become a loving and caring Linebacker who offers up hugs to the enemy instead of pain??

:rolleyes2

I hated Joey Porter more than any other player in the league until we went and signed him. Now I just hope he keeps his mouth shut a little more.

Must've been after he kicked the crap outta Daunte last season not to mention took one back to the house, too.

Was it Porter that did the fake Culpepper impression after making a play? I thought that was pretty classless...

But he'll be a huge addition to our team. Hopefully Zack and JT rub off on him.

I don't think its classless to mock someones predesigned TD dance which in itself is a bit classless. If you make one of those up, you open yourself up for ridicule. (its not like TO stepping on the Dallas star).

I hated Porter when he did that though, but he did just own CPep and pretty much ruined his comeback. He played scared after that.

on that stiff by Winslow, that was a great stiffarm and Winslow should be the best in the league if he can get his act together. Did anyone notice how Porter jumped up and from out of bound hustled to still get in on part of the tackle. I like his agression.

I hated Porter worse then anyother player in the league. I can't wait to see him in a Dolphins uniform.

Hopefully Zack and JT rub off on him.
First, That's what she said.

Second, since Porter is the only one of those 3 with a ring, and the other two have barely made the playoffs, I hope Porter rubs off on them.

"He didn't make a play all day," Porter said. "He caught himself doing the boot, he made one tackle. He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your [rear end] whipped, that's what."

More here:

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20030908sider0908p6.asp

He said this about Jerramy Stevens:

"I would think someone would say something, but I wouldn't think it would be him - he's too soft to say something like that. He'll have the opportunity to back up his words, but I'm going to have an opportunity to back up my words.

"You ever see the movie 'Underworld'? I was sleeping all week, but I got my first taste of blood right here; and it is great when you haven't tasted it in a while. This week was boring until now."

Joey Porter should be the last player complaining about anybody running his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom