Position Break Down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Position Break Down

Mr Yu said:
Too be short : LT we are weak at and it's the biggest problem. CB , DT still a question with Surtain gone and injury. LB , RB , TE , WR , DE we are the strongest at on this team. Oddly , our special teams is our best group.

That is frightening, but you are right---LT is a real problem with me

Whitedolphin54 said:
That is frightening, but you are right---LT is a real problem with me

We do need a LT, but it looks like Saban and Houck will be content to see how we can do with someone on the roster. When McIntosh restructured, part of the deal was that we couldn't sign or draft another LT. SO we're stuck with McIntosh or someone else on the roster.

CBs

Strengths:

.........experience with Sam and Howard, sam has been around for more than a lil bit and howard started for a SB team
.........Coaching, this is Nicks specailty
.........Good DEs to get to the QB quick, CBs will not be out there too long on each play

Weakness:

..............unproven and young, edwards and daniels are unproven, edwards has not been successfull and daniels is a rookie
..............will be learning a new defense, this may help howard b/c it will be more zone, daniels is accustomed but probably not starting
..............not much depth

Linebackers

Strength: Zach and Seau are probowler players

Weakness: Both getting older, can they keep up the good play, and will rookies and other backups step up to the NFL pressure.

Our strongest Posistion on the team could be at DE, can you imagine poor pennington trying to duck carter, taylor, roth, and holiday, they will be able to slide JT down over the nose and command a double team.

FinsFanatic said:
WRs:

Strengths: 3 Pro Bowl Wrs that are young. Each can be a #1 WR. All have good speed and can spreeeaaad a defense. All have great hands. All have suttin to prove in there own way.

CC- I can be a 1000 yd WR
Booker - I am as good as my Pro bowl days
DB - I can be what i was a few years ago and earn a big payday

Weakness: Injury prone Boston does DBo still need an attitude adjustment...Can the line give them time (i think the oline will be a strength but it is a ? right now) Can AJ be accurate, if not can Gus give a full season..........is booker still homesick...will CC play at full speed every play and game

CC has the potential to be a 1000 yard reciever. if the other WRs dont make an impact, AJ might find it hard to find him.

Booker is not bad at all. but he is getting older, and onyl has a few years left. was a probowler, but hes he have speed? agility? hit those crisp routes? good hands, so hes a good WR, and SHOULD make an impact.

Boston is a HUGE question mark IMO. will he be what he was 3 years ago? has injuries slowed him down? has the lack of steroids made him weaker? if he is productive as many fin fans think, he will be a very good 3rd WR. if not, than thompson will come in.

SCall13 said:
The good thing is Ricky isn't OUT OF SHAPE. He is just lighter. He has less body mass. I'd be much more concerned if he had ballooned UP to 270 or something. Putting his mass back on will not be an issue. He has ample time to get that done and be close to, if not right at, his playing weight. He will be ready physically to play.

i think that his loss of weight, shows he has not really worked out since he left football. thats almost a year of relaxing, smoking pot, and doing yoga. while the yoga may help, hes lost alot of muscle, and he was a inside rusher who pounded the ball ,and had the speed to break the long ones.

i think that when camp starts the coaches will see this, and have brown the starter, with ricky the 2nd or maybe even 3rd RB.

rookies are always a question, but brown is talented.

FinsFanatic said:
WRs:

Strengths: 3 Pro Bowl Wrs that are young. Each can be a #1 WR. All have good speed and can spreeeaaad a defense. All have great hands. All have suttin to prove in there own way.

When did Chambers make the Pro Bowl?

Ok, I will help.

Special Teams.

Pro: Mare is the second best kicker in FG % the League has ever known. Welker has game breaking moves and the potential to score every time he handles the ball. IMHO, the second best returner in the League next to Dante Hall.

Cons: A lack of experience in protection. Except for a few notable plays last year, they lack ability in tackling as well. Need to work on filling up all the holes behind them, and protecting their rush if one blocker is removed from the scheme. Mare has been far too inconsistent the last two years to be counted on to make that big FG for us. He is getting paid ($2 million) far to much for his on field production.

I hope people remember he has cost us 3 games in the last 2 years by his inability to make relatively automatick kicks from uner 45 yards.

dolphan north said:
TE

McMichael. Forget the rest, we are set here baby! Anyone can block, but this guy will catch and score in any offense. If we get a few deep balls to the receivers, the underneath will be RM's personal playground. Especially with the threat of passing to Ronnie also underneath. A linebacker's nightmare.
i dont think you can be set at a position with out a good backup.

if he cant play half a game or something, it will change the offense, and defensive schemes. hes good, and a good weapon, but you still need an O-Line to block, and a QB to get the ball to him.

but if hes healthy all season, and doesnt miss time, hes a strength, even if the overall position is not as strong. i see alot of 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB formations.

ch19079 said:
i think that his loss of weight, shows he has not really worked out since he left football. thats almost a year of relaxing, smoking pot, and doing yoga. while the yoga may help, hes lost alot of muscle, and he was a inside rusher who pounded the ball ,and had the speed to break the long ones.

i think that when camp starts the coaches will see this, and have brown the starter, with ricky the 2nd or maybe even 3rd RB.

rookies are always a question, but brown is talented.

Wishful thinking by a Bills fan. RW will not be 3rd on the depth chart. :roflmao: He will be in shape, have most-if not all-of his size back and he and Ronnie will share the load. Just my opinion.

SCall13 said:
OK I'll start:

Defensive Line:

Strengths: Quick pass rush from the edges with JT and possibly Roth in there for situational pass rushing. Good tacklers on the edge as well. Good depth at the ends considering Carter and Holliday can play outside as well, which also give us flexibility along the line to be creative with JT and ROTH.

Weaknesses: Lack of true quality HEALTHY defensive tackles. We picked up Traylor which was HUGE, but we need another solid DT. Chester and especially Timbo are question marks. We also need to get more pressure up the middle on the QB. This has been one of our biggest problems for several years: no push up the middle to get in the QBs face, allowing him to step up into the pocket.

i see your D-Line as improved since last season.

taylor is great

bowens is good enough to start.

but can holliday is a very good backup, but is he still good enough to get it done in the rotation? i think hes good enough to be a backup, but i dont see him having more than 2.5 sacks. not a bad pickup for a backup.

carter is getting older, but hes not done yet. i see him playing DT, unless injuries make him move to DE. but i dont think hes as dominant as he was a few years ago. but still not to bad. but you will need to find a replacement in net years draft, cus i see carter playing 2 more years.

traylor is the same as carter. old but he may have some left in him.
can you see Zgonina being the starter next season, over traylor... (its all about who plays better in camp.)

Roth is a rookie, and will probubly trade time with bowens. but rookies are always question marks.

overall
1 dominant DE starter
1 "improving" DT who may keep his job if he plays well in camp
2 good, but aging backups. (DE, DT)
1 aging DT starter who has, IMO, 2 years left, but will not be a hole teams will try to exploit.

filled the gaps of last year, but not as dominant as it seems on paper.

Mitchy71 said:
When did Chambers make the Pro Bowl?

Ok, I will help.

Special Teams.

Pro: Mare is the second best kicker in FG % the League has ever known. Welker has game breaking moves and the potential to score every time he handles the ball. IMHO, the second best returner in the League next to Dante Hall.

Cons: A lack of experience in protection. Except for a few notable plays last year, they lack ability in tackling as well. Need to work on filling up all the holes behind them, and protecting their rush if one blocker is removed from the scheme. Mare has been far too inconsistent the last two years to be counted on to make that big FG for us. He is getting paid ($2 million) far to much for his on field production.

I hope people remember he has cost us 3 games in the last 2 years by his inability to make relatively automatick kicks from uner 45 yards.

You beat me to this post, anyway I happen to agree with you.

SCall13 said:
Wishful thinking by a Bills fan. RW will not be 3rd on the depth chart. :roflmao: He will be in shape, have most-if not all-of his size back and he and Ronnie will share the load. Just my opinion.

i know it sounds crazy, but its possible. noone knows how ricky will do when he comes back. will he be in playing shape? will he be what he was? will he NOT fail those 10 drug tests per month?

i dont think the coaches will say, ricky is our #2 guy or #1 guy, befor he gets to camp. they will probubly make him fight for the spot. and right now, i think brown will win the starting job. so that puts him at #2 for now. and if another back plays better than ricky in camp, they might drop him down to 3rd RB.

im not saying he will stay at #3, maybe later in the season he will probubly move up. players always improve throughout the season. but the first game of the season, i CAN see him as the #3 RB.

Back
Top Bottom